Tiger Woods Still Rules The Empire Of EndorsementsFebruary 5th, 2010 - 9:07 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) All the scandals don’t matter really, especially if the man in question is Tiger Woods. One car crash, about 19 mistresses and one drug controversy later, Tiger Woods is reportedly one of the top earners in the world, as long as it comes to brand endorsements. According to a survey conducted by Forbes, Tiger Woods remains the most trusted athlete the sports good manufacturing brands would turn to for the advertisements of their products. The part that is the most mind-boggling about this information is that Tiger Woods continues to hold this position even after a number of his sponsors dropped him.
The survey conducted by Forbes shows that the annual amount earned by Tiger Woods is a staggering $82 million. Even after he got dropped by quite a number of the biggest brands that he was the face of, namely, Accenture, Gatorade and General Motors. Tiger Woods is currently sponsored by brands such as Nike and Entertainments Arts. Of course, the amount that he earns at present from his brand endorsements has decreased a lot from what he used to, but it has done nothing to affect his position as the top grosser in the brand market.
Despite most of his sponsors having dropped him as fast as they could, the remaining ones that have stood by him still allow him to remain at the top of the list of the highest paid athletes. In fact, it is being predicted that he would continue to be so even if he doesn’t show his face in the golf greens this year at all. His scandals themselves might be responsible for this, having given him increased visibility and generated more interest in the brand that is Tiger Woods.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr tops the list of the top paid athletes - Jul 18, 2012
- Despite sexual trysts, Woods remains world's top athlete brand: Forbes - Feb 05, 2010
- Gatorade Cut Ties With Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- Nike chief says Woods indiscretion a minor blip on glorious golf career - Dec 15, 2009
- Gillette won't renew its endorsement deal with Tiger Woods - Dec 24, 2010
- Woods leaves PGA in economic limbo - Dec 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods Not Dropped By Nike And EA - Jan 24, 2010
- Tiger Woods scandal costs sponsors $12 bn - Dec 30, 2009
- Tiger Woods Continues To Remain World's Top Athlete Brand - Feb 06, 2010
- Tiger Woods 'shoots new commercial for Nike' - Mar 26, 2010
- Tiger Woods' sex scandals cost him $25m in endorsement deals - Jun 19, 2010
- Accenture drops Tiger Woods sponsorship - Dec 14, 2009
- Tiger Woods' transgressions cost his sponsors up to $12b: Research - Dec 29, 2009
- Gatorade dumps Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- Tiger Woods Stars In Nike Commercial? - Mar 29, 2010
Tags: accenture, athlete, car crash, controversy, dey, endorsements, entertainments, forbes, gatorade, general motors, golf greens, highest paid athletes, man in question, mistresses, nike, scandals, tiger, tiger woods, top earners, visibility