Tiger Woods “over preparing” for his Masters returnApril 1st, 2010 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 1 (ANI): World’s No.1 golfer Tiger Woods seems to be over-preparing for his Masters return, as he has visited Augusta National for the second straight week - something he doesn’t do normally.
Every year, Woods would spend one pre-tournament day at Augusta to familiarize himself with any changes to the golf course.
And most of his preparation would take place back at Isleworth, where he would work with coach Hank Haney on shots he would need to hit during the Masters, the New York Daily News reports.
On Wednesday, Fred Couples had announced that he would play a practice round with Woods at Augusta on Monday.
Couples said he’d avoid asking Woods about his personal life.
“This is not going to be questions and answers. It’s going to be strictly golf. I play a lot with him at Augusta, so this is not unusual,” he said.
Woods normally spends far less time at a major venue than this.
But this tournament is anything but normal for the disgraced golfer. He is doing everything he can to be able to win a fifth green jacket.
“It’s interesting. It’s possible he could over-prepare…So much mental focus on the golf course is based on the preparation you put in. That’s where it starts and that’s where it ends,” said Dr. Bob Rotella, a sports psychologist who works with a host of top golfers. (ANI)
- Tiger Woods' return to professional golf 'imminent' - Mar 09, 2010
- Tiger Woods' to make his golf comeback at the Masters Tournament in April - Mar 16, 2010
- Focus key to Tiger Wood's success at Augusta Masters: Caddie - Mar 31, 2010
- Masters 2010 Leaderboard Draws Up Too Many Possible Winners - Apr 11, 2010
- Woods return at Augusta Masters tournament will not be surprising: Nicklaus - Mar 04, 2010
- Tiger Woods To Come Back In A Fortnight? - Mar 12, 2010
- Tiger Woods Should Be Back, In Top Form, Feels Angel Cabrera - Mar 03, 2010
- Masters Golf Tournament 2010 Set To Capture All - Apr 09, 2010
- Tiger Woods believes swing change restores 'fun' in his game - Apr 13, 2011
- Woods' caddie confident crowd will be kind in comeback tournament - Mar 31, 2010
- Tom Watson Shines At 60 - Apr 09, 2010
- Woods on comeback course, hires former White House press secretary as advisor - Mar 12, 2010
- Tiger Woods Cannot Miss The Masters: Jack Nicklaus - Mar 04, 2010
- Tiger Woods' dropped from own video game cover - Apr 08, 2011
- Woods admits to being at the lowest ebb in golf career - May 05, 2010
Tags: augusta national, coach, dr bob rotella, fred couples, golf course, golfer tiger woods, golfers, hank haney, isleworth, london, major venue, masters, mental focus, new york daily news, news reports, personal life, questions and answers, sports psychologist, tiger, york daily news