Tiger Woods Continues To Remain World’s Top Athlete BrandFebruary 6th, 2010 - 8:45 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The series of infidelities might have tarnished Tiger Woods’ reputation, but a leading magazine has revealed that the disgraced golfer is still the best athlete brand across the world. In the second annual list, a business magazine has brought to light the fact that the World No.1 golfer has earned a whopping $64 million from his various endorsements in the past year.
According to the list, Tiger Woods’ total earnings last year was way ahead of footballer David Beckham, who managed to earn $18 million the past year and grabbed the second position in the list. Moreover, the magazine also stated that despite the fact that a number of sponsors terminated their deal with the champion golfer in the wake of the revelations of his multiple illicit affairs, Tiger Woods would have enough money to remain the highest paid sportsperson across the world even this year. It is being presumed that the ace golfer gathered much of the earnings before allegations surfaced that claimed that Tiger Woods was involved in multiple extramarital affairs.
Following the emergence of reports that claimed that Tiger Woods cheated his wife with as many as 19 women, sponsors such as AT&T and Accenture decided to end their endorsement deal with the disgraced golfer. However, few sponsors like Nike Inc, Electronic Arts Inc among others showcased their support for the shamed golfer even as the media completely ripped apart his personal life. Amidst the sex scandal, the World No.1 golfer took indefinite break from his golfing career and since then he has not been seen in public.
- AT&T Ended Deal With Tiger Woods Free Of Charge - Jan 23, 2010
- Despite sexual trysts, Woods remains world's top athlete brand: Forbes - Feb 05, 2010
- Nike calls Tiger Woods' affairs a 'minor blip' - Dec 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods Rejects Paddy Power's $75Million Offer - Mar 06, 2010
- Tiger Woods Refuses $75 Million Deal By Paddy Power - Mar 08, 2010
- Golfer Rory McIlory Wants Tiger Woods To Be Back In Action - Feb 18, 2010
- Tiger Woods Supposedly In A Newly Filmed Nike Commercial - Mar 29, 2010
- Speculations High About Tiger Woods' Return To Golf - Feb 06, 2010
- Sponsors Reconsidering Their Deals With Tiger Woods - Dec 21, 2009
- Accenture Not Willing To Renew Ties With Tiger Woods - Feb 25, 2010
- Tiger Woods' Former Girlfriend Expresses Support For The Golfer - Mar 04, 2010
- Woods leaves PGA in economic limbo - Dec 15, 2009
- Floyd Mayweather Jr tops the list of the top paid athletes - Jul 18, 2012
- Tiger Woods' Latest Mistress Surfaces - Jan 24, 2010
- AT&T Ends Contract With Tiger Woods - Jan 01, 2010
Tags: accenture, business magazine, champion golfer, david beckham, electronic arts, electronic arts inc, endorsement deal, enough money, extramarital affairs, footballer david beckham, gina gomez, golfing, illicit affairs, leading magazine, nike inc, personal life, revelations, sex scandal, sportsperson, tiger woods