Ticket Design for Paralympic Games of 2008 AnnouncedJune 19th, 2008 - 12:46 pm ICT by admin
BEIJING - The ticket design for the Paralympic Games of 2008 was unveiled at a news conference here in Beijing.
Principal features include: the Paralympic emblem; the Paralympic sports pictograms; the cloud of promise pattern and the Paralympic mascot. Colors have been carefully blended to harmonize with the design of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games tickets. The special look and image design full of the Paralympic Games flavor is intended to reflect the principle of “Two Games, Equal Splendour.”
Officials from the BOCOG Ticketing Centre presented the samples of the Paralympic tickets. Tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies feature the image of Fu Niu Lele as the standout visual, complemented by core graphics with lively style and vibrant colors. Blue and yellow, festive and distinctive of the Paralympic Games’ look are the theme colors of the tickets.
Tickets for competition events have two kinds and both are designed in landscape layout.
Pictograms of the Paralympic sport is the main graphic image, contrasting against the vibrant color in the background. The combination of sports pictograms and the Paralympic mascot make the ticket an ideal collectible of a sport event.
The Paralympic features of the Paralympic thermal tickets are well illustrated by the core graphics, mascot, Paralympic pictograms and colour system. Each part of the ticket is of distinctive colors in order to highlight different messages. The blue and yellow color tone distinguishes the Paralympic features from that of Olympic Games.
Braille is available on some of the Beijing Paralympic tickets to offer access to information for people with visual impairment. Tickets with Braille are for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, goal ball and Paralympic judo. The Braille in both Chinese and English on the tickets are the concepts of the Paralympic Games - “Transcendence, Integration, Equality”.
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- London 2012 Olympic Games' 'single giant eye' mascot design ridiculed - May 20, 2010
- London Paralympics Games organisers launch short film - Aug 27, 2010
- Games look inspired by traditional Indian art - Mar 12, 2010
- Medvedev lauds 'courageous' Russian paralympians - Sep 11, 2012
- London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6 - Dec 15, 2011
- Putin envisions Russia as Paralympic powerhouse - Sep 11, 2012
- Paralympic torch and relay route unveiled - Mar 01, 2012
- Paralympic Games: Over 70,000 new tickets go on sale - Aug 27, 2012
- 12-week-long festival to herald in London Olympics - Jun 21, 2012
- Thought for food (Olympic diary) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sebastian Coe launches Olympic bicycles - Dec 11, 2011
- London Paralympics open in 'journey of discovery' - Aug 30, 2012
- Sebastian Coe dismisses concerns over security of London 2012 - Dec 10, 2011
- London Olympic contingency tickets to go on sale - May 09, 2012
Tags: 2008 olympic games, beijing 2008 olympic, beijing 2008 olympic games, bocog, cloud of promise, colour system, core graphics, distinctive colors, landscape layout, olympic games, paralympic features, paralympic games, paralympic mascot, paralympic sport, paralympic sports, paralympic tickets, people with visual impairment, sports pictograms, theme colors, vibrant colors