Three-member India team for Asian Cup TTMarch 28th, 2008 - 2:33 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Led by ace paddler Sharath Kamal, a three-member Indian team will participate in the 21st Asian Cup Table Tennis Championship to be held in Sapporo, Japan from Saturday. Apart from Sharath, the other two members of the team are women players Neha Aggarwal and Poulomi Ghatak.
Newly appointed Belarussian coach Aleksey Yefremov has accompanied the team for the event.
“The tournament is part of our preparation for the Beijing Olympic Games,” secretary-general of Table Tennis Federation of India Moolchand Chauhan told IANS.
Sharath and Neha booked their ticket to Olympics during the Asian qualifiers in China last month.
- Promising paddlers get a chance to qualify for London Olympics - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian paddlers upbeat as they leave for Olympic qualifiers - Apr 16, 2012
- Best paddlers did not make London cut: Chief TT coach - May 30, 2012
- Sharath-led Indian TT team leaves for final Olympic qualifier - May 08, 2012
- Sharath Kamal close to sealing London berth - Apr 20, 2012
- Sharath Kamal to lead India's challenge, CWG squad announced - Aug 30, 2010
- Easy draw for Sharath Kamal in TT Olympic qualifier - May 10, 2012
- Olympic-bound paddlers leave for exposure trip - Jun 06, 2012
- Indian contingent leaves for Asian TT Championships in Macau - Feb 21, 2012
- TT: Soumyajit, Ankita book London berth, heartbreak for Sharath - Apr 22, 2012
- London dreams of Indian paddlers shattered - May 12, 2012
- CWG table tennis: Indian paddlers end campaign with five medals (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Sharath in Asian team for European TT tourney - Aug 21, 2012
- National TT: Sharath, Shamini start favourites - Jan 22, 2012
- India look for extra London Olympics TT berth - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: ace, aggarwal, asian cup, beijing, china, india team, New Delhi, olympic games, olympics, sapporo japan, secretary general, sharath kamal, table tennis federation, tennis championship, tt, women players