Three Indians in top-10 of world shooting rankingsDecember 8th, 2008 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) Three Indian shooters, including Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra, are among the top-10 in latest world shooting rankings released by International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).Bindra, who won India’s maiden individual gold medal at Beijing in August, retained his second spot while World Cup Final gold medallist Gagan Narang moved up three places to the sixth spot in the men’s 10-metre air rifle event.
In the men’s double trap event, Ronjan Singh Sodhi retained his 10th spot. Sodhi was world No.1 in June after he won gold in Belgrade World Cup.
“I am satisfied to move up few places in the latest world rankings and will try and do the same in the other two events (50-metre three position and prone) as well,” said Narang.
“I will now target to break into the top-3 bracket through the World Cups in 2009. I am going to take the 10m air rifle event a little easy now and work harder on the 50m three position and prone events for a year,” he said.
- Bindra gets India eighth quota place for the 2012 Games - Jun 18, 2011
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- No place for Rathore; Joydeep, Heena selected for London Olympics - Feb 19, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Narang to take stance amid high expectations - Aug 02, 2012
- Shooters swell Indian gold kitty (Roundup) - Oct 06, 2010
- Junior world champion Noria replaces Rathore in CWG shooting squad - Sep 01, 2010
- Khel Ratna has brought added pressure: Narang - Jul 26, 2011
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Selectors have to take a call on shooter Rathore - Feb 18, 2012
- Narang defeats Bindra to win gold in 10 m air rifles (Singles) - Oct 06, 2010
- London Olympics can see a record number of Indian shooters - Jun 12, 2011
- Narang emerges out of Bindra's shadow (Profile) - Jul 30, 2012
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Shooter Rahi Sarnobat books London Olympics berth - May 19, 2011
- Indian shooters aim to cross Melbourne medal tally - Sep 12, 2010