Three Indian rowers qualify for Beijing OlympicsApril 27th, 2008 - 2:43 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) Three Indian rowers have qualified for this year’s Olympics after winning the qualifying tournament in Beijing Sunday. Bajrang Lal won the Open Singles Scull event and booked his Beijing ticket while Manjeet Singh and Devender Kumar qualified in the Light Weight Doubles Scull event.
“It is the best ever result we have achieved in Olympic qualifiers. In Athens and Sydney just one boat from India qualified,” Rowing Federation of India (RFI) president C. P. Singh Deo said.
The triumphant rowers will return to India Monday.
- Three Indian rowers qualify for Olympics - Apr 29, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sawarn Singh finishes 16th in single sculls - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Sandeep and Manjeet finish 19th - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers out of medal contention (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- 'Indian rowers performed beyond expectations at Olympics' - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers in sem-final - Jul 31, 2012
- Reaching quarters will be good: Indian rowing coach - Jul 20, 2012
- India at London Olympics (Schedule) - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: Schedule of events involving Indian athletes Wednesday - Aug 01, 2012
- Schedule of events for Indian athletes Wednesday - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Indian rowers Sandeep-Manjeet in repechage (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add shine to India's campaign (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan, Vijender add lustre to India's campaign (Intro Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina, Jai Bhagwan stay on course as archers, shooters bow out (Overall Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Asian Games rowing: Two silvers boost India's tally (Second Lead) - Nov 18, 2010