Three Indian boxers go down in World Cup semi-final (Lead)December 13th, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 13 (IANS) Three of the four Indian boxers in the World Cup semi-finals bowed out Saturday - but settled for a bronze medal.Akhil Kumar put up a strong fight in his 54-kg bout but lost to Olympic silver medallist Leon Alarcon Yankiel of Cuba. Akhil and Yankiel were tied 4:4 but the latter was declared the winner on countback.
Jitender Kumar lost his semi-final bout to Cuban Hernandez Laffita. Jitender, who made it to Beijing Olympic quarter-final, went down 6-14 in the 51 kg category.
In another bout, Anthresh Lakra lost to Cuban Idel Torriente 6:3 in the 57 kg category.
- Indian boxers settle for bronze in World Cup - Dec 14, 2008
- Boxers Jitender, Lakra in World Cup semis - Dec 11, 2008
- Boxer Akhil in World Cup semi-final - Dec 10, 2008
- Bronze medallists Indian boxers get a warm welcome - Dec 16, 2008
- Jitender ends with bronze in World Cup boxing - Dec 13, 2008
- Olympic boxing: Bronze for Russia, Ireland - Aug 10, 2012
- Vijender knocked out of World Boxing Championships - Oct 01, 2011
- Olympic bronze medallist Vijender ranked World No.2 - Aug 20, 2009
- Olympic boxing: Mary Kom settles for bronze - Aug 08, 2012
- President's Cup: Boxer Devendro loses final to settle for silver - May 07, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Italy's Mangiacapre, Mongolia's Uranchimeg take bronze - Aug 10, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Santhosh in semis, Amandeep out in quarters - Nov 22, 2010
- Six Indian boxers assured of bronze at Cuban event - Jun 05, 2011
- Amandeep, Jai Bhagwan march to semis, Akhil lose - Mar 14, 2010
- Santosh, Jitender win bronze in Kazakh boxing meet - May 14, 2011