Three former Australian captains to look into Ashes debacleMarch 10th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, March 10 (IANS) Three former Australian captains — Allan Border, Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh — who led their country to multiple Ashes victory will scrutinise the performance of the cricket team that lost the Ashes to England 1-3 this summer.
Border, Mark and Steve will be part of a team performance review panel commissioned by Cricket Australia (CA). The panel will be chaired by former BHP Billiton chairman Don Argus while Malcolm Speed, the former International Cricket Council (ICC) and Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive, will be the deputy chairman.
“The catalyst for the review was our poor performance in the Ashes and probably losing the Ashes two series in a row,” CA chairman Jack Clarke was quoted as saying by The Age.
“The review will be wide-ranging. Although it’s been called an Australian team review it will look really at our elite systems.”
Another of the panel is to improve Australia’s performances in One-day Internationals and T20.
The panel will report in time for their recommendations to be considered ahead of the 2011-12 international season, the paper reported.
The trio of Border, Taylor and Waugh led Australia to eight Ashes triumphs.
- Oz selectors chief Hilditch's job is safe for time being - Mar 11, 2011
- Former captains Border, Taylor and Waugh to lead revival of Australian cricket - Mar 11, 2011
- Cricket Australia 'deliberately stalling' review of Ashes loss - Feb 21, 2011
- Ashes review is a great thing for Australian cricket: Hilditch - Mar 20, 2011
- CA makes sweeping changes, sacks Hilditch and Chappell from selection panel - Aug 19, 2011
- Ponting likely to continue as Oz skipper - Mar 14, 2011
- Cricket Australia 'post mortem' a step in the right direction: Roebuck - Feb 05, 2011
- Cricket Australia launches global hunt for new coach - Oct 18, 2011
- We want to become world's No.1 team, hold Ashes urn for two decades: Broad - Nov 06, 2010
- Border has credentials to takeover as Oz cricket coach: Jones - Feb 12, 2011
- Former rugby player named performance manager of Australian cricket - Oct 13, 2011
- Rod Marsh eyes Hilditch job on selection panel - Aug 20, 2011
- Cricket Australia appoints Marsh, Bichel as selectors - Nov 10, 2011
- Steve Waugh still waiting for call from Cricket Australia - Jan 16, 2011
- CA plans city-based T20 to reduce dependence on Indian finances - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: allan border, bhp billiton, catalyst, chairman don, cricket australia, cricket team, day internationals, debacle, deputy chairman, don argus, elite systems, international cricket council, jack clarke, mark taylor, melbourne march, poor performance, steve waugh, summer border, team performance, triumphs