Thierry Henry will have to pay at least 10 million pounds to his ex-wife: Divorce expertsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:24 am ICT by admin
A source said: “Claire suspected something was going on, and one day when Thierry left his phone lying around she picked it up and found messages from Sadie. The content of the messages left her under no illusion about what had been going on.
“She immediately rang the number and introduced herself, and the woman on the end of the line hung up.”
After making the discovery Claire, 27, confronted her husband.
Soon afterwards the French striker announced he was quitting the family home in North London - and leaving Arsenal to start a new life in Spain playing for Barcelona.
Their four-year marriage ended in June shortly before his 16-million pound transfer to the Nou Camp.
In September stunning Claire was granted a quickie divorce on the grounds of Henry’s “unreasonable behavior”.
Divorce experts have predicted that a judge will order a “clean break” - with Claire receiving a lump sum payment rather than a proportion of Henry’s future earnings.
The couple also face a battle over access to their only child.
Their divorce hearing took place before District Judge Malik at Principal Registry of the High Court’s Family Division in central London on September 3.
Neither party attended the hearing, which lasted just over one minute.
In papers released after the hearing, Henry revealed he disagreed with arrangements over their only child.
Asked if he consented to Claire’s proposals, Henry stated: “No. I will shortly be applying for a defined contact order.”
The divorced couple is now in discussions with their lawyers to thrash out exactly how much of Henry’s 25-million pound fortune Claire should receive.
Henry has hired top London law firm Mishcon de Reya - which represented Princess Diana and now acts for Heather Mills in her divorce battle - while Claire has hired Prince Charles’s divorce lawyer Fiona Shackleton, who now represents Sir Paul McCartney.
It is expected that Claire will be entitled to a large part of superstar Henry’s wealth. And with the revelation that Arsenal’s record goal scorer may have been playing away, she will probably be set up for life. (ANI)
- Thierry Henry pays ex-wife Claire Merry PS8M - Dec 05, 2008
- Thierry Henry tells his ex-wife to lay off his fortune - Jul 25, 2008
- Thierry Henry coaching Arsenal's strikers - Jan 10, 2011
- Wenger hopes Henry's presence can inspire Gunners - Nov 18, 2011
- Henry fires Arsenal into the 4th round of FA Cup - Jan 10, 2012
- Thierry Henrys ex wife Claire Merry gets boob job - Aug 25, 2008
- Torres warns Fabregas over proposed move to Barcelona - Mar 29, 2011
- Thierry Henry 'cleared' of role in World Cup revolt? - Jun 25, 2010
- World brands French footballer Henry a cheat - Nov 20, 2009
- Thierry Henry's ex-wife poses for own lingerie range - Dec 05, 2009
- Henry gets into altercation with Arsenal fan - Jan 16, 2012
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Thierry Henrys ex poses in mesh top - Mar 21, 2009
- Jordan hires Paul McCartney's divorce lawyer - May 23, 2009
- Cologne agree to Arsenal's offer for Podolski - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: arsenal, clean break, contact, divorce battle, divorce experts, family division, heather mills, london law firm, lump sum payment, mishcon de reya, nou camp, princess diana, principal registry, quickie divorce, start a new life, thierry henry, unreasonable behavior