Thief buys car with Gazza’s credit cardMay 9th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 9 (ANI): Football legend Paul Gascoigne is fuming after a thief used his credit card to buy a car.
The fraudster left the ex-England star with a 10,000-pound bill for the black Mercedes, reports The Sun.Gazza’s card was used to pay the deposit and monthly installments on the motor.
Gascoigne, 41, didn’t spot the payments on his monthly bills last year because he was hooked on booze and living in hotels.
Once he had kicked the bottle he checked his finances and saw that he was paying for a car he knew nothing about.
The car is registered in Gazza’s name - even though he never bought it and has never driven it.
The furious former Tottenham and Newcastle midfielder called in his lawyers and is planning to inform police about the credit card fraud.
His legal team is still trying to find out if someone he knew is responsible. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza's drink-driving charge dropped - Feb 11, 2011
- Gascoigne regrets turning down Fergie's Man U offer earlier in his career - Mar 09, 2011
- Gazza's praises Beardsley for taking him under his wings - Nov 27, 2009
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Mercede Johnston says that Bristol Palin is the most evil person that she knows - Aug 09, 2011
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gascoigne arrested for drink-fuelled disturbance in Newcastle - Dec 17, 2009
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Rescuers feared Gascoigne was dead after car crash - Jun 15, 2010