There could be a good turnout for England-Ireland matchMarch 1st, 2011 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 1 (IANS) The England-Ireland cricket World Cup clash here Wednesday may not be as hyped as Sunday’s India-England tie, yet the Chinnaswamy stadium is expected to have a good turnout.The online portal that sells tickets for all the World Cup matches says tickets, from Rs.500 to Rs.7,500, for Wednesday’s day-night clash have been sold out!
However, there is no information on the number of tickets at its disposal for each match.
The Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA), hosts of the matches at the Chinnaswamy stadium, is also not sure as to how many tickets have been sold at the counters.
The counters were not crowded though — unlike last Thursday when police baton charged to keep order as thousands queued up for tickets to Sunday’s India-England tie.
“I cannot say at this point how many tickets have been sold by the portal and at the (stadium) counters,” KSCA spokesperson and former state cricketer Sujit Somasunder told IANS.
The stadium was nearly full to its capacity of 50,000 Sunday for the India-England match that ended in an exciting tie with each team scoring 338 runs.
Ireland will also play India at Chinnaswamy stadium March 6.
- No takers for England-Ireland match - Mar 02, 2011
- Bangalore set for cracker of contest - Mar 06, 2011
- Frenzied fans bat for India against defiant Ireland - Mar 06, 2011
- World Cup: As crowds throng for tickets, cops cane them - Feb 24, 2011
- Canada take on Australia in near empty stadium - Mar 16, 2011
- Kumble faces googly, Srinath a bouncer (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Fans root for underdogs Kenya at Chinnaswamy Stadium - Mar 13, 2011
- Empty seats a real possibility at Chinnaswamy Stadium - Feb 25, 2011
- Scarce tickets, long wait, rain threat for India-England tie - Feb 26, 2011
- Few takers for Australia-South Africa warm-up match - Feb 14, 2011
- Karnataka assembly to discuss cricket match ticket chaos - Mar 02, 2011
- More tickets for India-England match to be sold online - Feb 26, 2011
- Cricket minus communication is crowd, chaos and caning - Feb 24, 2011
- Die-hard fans keep away from Oz-Kenya tie - Mar 13, 2011
- 3,000 cops to be deployed for India-England match - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: cricket world cup, cup clash, england, hosts, hyped, India, ireland, karnataka state cricket association, ksca, last thursday, march 1, match, police baton, rs 500, spokesperson, world cup matches