Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago CubsOctober 12th, 2011 - 9:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Theo Epstein has been linked with the general manager job of Chicago Cubs. The Cubs are chasing for their lost glory and reports say the 37-year-old is being sought to bring in the magic to turn the fortunes of the franchise around.
Epstein has won the World Championship with two franchises in the last eight years and he seems to posses the magic formula that the Cubs need. Epstein is currently the general manager of the Boston Red Sox but ESPN reports that the Cubs are close to signing a 5-year deal worth $15 million with him.
The Red Sox are reportedly speaking with the Cubs on the compensation package to allow Epstein to leave the club. A source told ESPN that the compensation is expected to be cash and prospects. The sources denied that a player is involved in the compensation that the two clubs are talking about.
An official of the Red Sox who was not identified in the report told ESPN that the departure of Epstein is possible but the club is still trying to hold on.
The report quoted the official as saying that, “It wouldn’t shock me but until it happens I won’t believe it.”
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League Baseball - Mar 11, 2010
- Carlos Zambrano Throws Another Tantrum, Suspended Indefinitely - Jun 26, 2010
- Red Sox Acquires Jeremy Hermida For Alvarez And Jones - Nov 06, 2009
- Chicago Cubs' Manager Lou Piniella To Retire After The Present Season - Jul 21, 2010
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Boston Red Sox Set To Acquire LiverPool - Oct 06, 2010
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010
- Pawtucket Red Sox owner Ben Mondor dead at 85 - Oct 04, 2010
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012
- Roma's American owner intends to acquire player from US - May 19, 2011
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010