Tevez threatens to leave if Man U fails to make him club’s highest paid playerJune 19th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Carlos Tevez has told Manchester United to make him club’s highest-paid player or he will leave.
The Red Devils have agreed the 26 million pounds asking price to make the Argentinean striker’s loan move permanent. But they have still to match the personal terms of 110,000 pounds a week that stars Rio Ferdinand and Dimitar Berbatov earn.
Tevez, 25, has been on 95,000 pounds a week since joining Sir Alex Ferguson’s side but his loan ends at the end of this month, The Sun reports.
He is on holiday in Buenos Aires where he has also been contacted directly by new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti. Tevez is impressed with new Blues’ boss Ancelotti’s personal approach.
Manchester City are also interested in grabbing the striker as boss Mark Hughes bids to build a team capable of giving the Premier League’s big four a tough fight.
Tevez was frustrated with the Red Devils last season for leaving him in the dark over his future. Now the player and his agent and co-owner Kia Joorabchian are happy to keep them waiting on their decision. (ANI)
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Manchester City to complete signing of Tevez next week - Jul 11, 2009
- Ferguson says Tevez not worth 25 million pounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
- Coach Ancelotti begs Man U's Tevez to join Chelsea - Jun 16, 2009
- Tevez issues 'come and get him' plea to Man U rivals - May 10, 2009
- Tevez says he doesn't deserve Man U fans' booing - Dec 04, 2009
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Ferguson fears losing Tevez - Apr 25, 2009
- Tevez still dreams of Rooney joining him at Man City - Nov 09, 2010
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- Man U not to renew loan deal with Argentinean Tevez - Mar 19, 2009
- Berbatov set 30-goal target, assured of long-term Man U future - Jan 29, 2011
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- Ferguson agrees to allow striker Macheda to go out on loan - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: alex ferguson, argentinean, asking price, carlo ancelotti, carlos tevez, co owner, dimitar, kia, kia joorabchian, manchester city, manchester united, mark hughes, new blues, new chelsea, personal approach, personal terms, premier league, red devils, rio ferdinand, sir alex ferguson