Tevez issues ‘come and get him’ plea to Man U rivalsMay 10th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 10 (ANI): Argentinean Carlos Tevez has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Manchester United’s Premier League rivals by insisting that his career at Old Trafford is over.
The on-loan striker is angry at being left on the bench for long periods and claims United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hasn’t tried to sign him permanently.
Tevez’s shock bombshell will alert Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Aston Villa - while Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian’s company, which owns the player, has also received a 45 million pounds offer from a foreign club.
News of the World quoted Tevez as saying: “I am very sad about this but I guess what I’m saying is goodbye.”
“I don’t think I will be a Manchester United player next season. I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer so I have to leave. I think I will be at another club next season,” he added.
The Argentinean insists he wants to stay here.
He said: “I want to play in England because it is the best league in the world and it suits my style.” (ANI)
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Tevez says he doesn't deserve Man U fans' booing - Dec 04, 2009
- Tevez says Man City have blown their Premiere League title chances - Feb 05, 2011
- Fergie agrees in principle to sign whizkid Rodwell for 25 million pounds - Mar 13, 2011
- Manchester City to complete signing of Tevez next week - Jul 11, 2009
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- Fergie, Tevez agent engage in war of words over his Man U future - May 14, 2009
- Ferguson says Tevez not worth 25 million pounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Ferguson's whopping 100,000 pound-a-week offer for Young - Apr 01, 2011
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Fan who backed Premier League underdogs lands bet - Jan 03, 2012
- Ferguson predicts 'competitive' Premier League will be an eight-horse title race this year - Aug 07, 2010
- Fergie close to signing Everton whizkid Rodwell - Mar 12, 2011
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, argentinean, bench, bombshell, businessman, carlos tevez, club news, everton, kia, kia joorabchian, league rivals, long periods, manchester city, manchester united player, news of the world, old trafford, plea, premier league, sir alex ferguson, striker