Terry stunned and upset over attack on father by rival fansNovember 12th, 2010 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 12 (ANI): Chelsea skipper John Terry was shocked last night after his father was beaten up by Tottenham Hotspur fans.
Ted Terry, 56, suffered a serious head wound when the hooligans attacked him at a train station.
One thug with a blue and white Tottenham Hotspur scarf wrapped round his hand pushed Ted’s head into a metal post.
John Terry is “stunned and upset” by the attack, The Sun reports.
“Ted suffered a nasty wound to the back of his head that required a lot of stitches. He is upset he was attacked by so-called football fans purely because his son plays for a rival team. John is also very shocked about what has happened,” one family friend said.
Ted, now recovering at home in Chafford Hundred, Essex was targeted at Upminster station last Saturday by Spurs fans returning from their team’s 4-2 defeat at Bolton.
The hooligans are thought to have recognised Ted Terry because of publicity over his suspended sentence earlier this year for supplying cocaine.
Cops investigating the attack are being hampered because Ted has refused to give them a statement. (ANI)
- Terry's father arrested for allegedly selling cocaine - Mar 19, 2010
- John Terry's father charged for supplying cocaine - Apr 10, 2010
- England's Muamba quits football - Aug 15, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Muamba posts picture on Twitter - Mar 30, 2012
- England footie skipper Terry's dad caught on video selling cocaine - Nov 08, 2009
- Student jailed for offensive Muamba tweets - Mar 27, 2012
- Stoke City stun Tottenham in EPL, Sunderland stage dramatic win - Dec 12, 2011
- Terry's dad barred from local bar after 'cocaine deal' - Nov 09, 2009
- Cleaning staff allegedly stitches wounds in Bengal hospital - Jul 12, 2012
- Bolton midfielder Muamba critically ill after collapse - Mar 18, 2012
- Cahill completes Chelsea switch - Jan 14, 2012
- Lampard, Terry out of England's Euro 2012 qualifiers - Aug 29, 2010
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Terry's last-gasp block helps Chelsea to draw with Spurs - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: chafford hundred essex, cocaine, cops, family friend, football fans, head wound, hooligans, john terry, last saturday, publicity, rival fans, rival team, scarf, skipper, spurs, stitches, sun reports, ted, thug, train station