Terry credits Lampard for Chelsea’s successApril 20th, 2009 - 3:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 20 (ANI): Chelsea skipper John Terry has revealed the secret of his club’s success, and credited Frank Lampard for his marvellous passing once again in their 2-1 FA Cup semi-final win over Arsenal.
Lamps hit a 50-yard crossfield ball to set up Florent Malouda for the Blues’ equaliser. But it was his instinctive link-up with Didier Drogba, which ended with a perfect 70-yard lob for the winner that really stood out.
Terry was reminded of the same combination, which won Chelsea their last trophy - the FA Cup against Manchester United in 2007, The Sun reported.
“Looking back, when we beat Man Utd 1-0, it was that link-up then. When Lamps doesn’t score, he’s vital to us because he sees things other people don’t even. It was some ball to Didier - as well as Didi’s strength and passion. But the link-up play was brilliant as well< Terry said.
“Florent Malouda’s come into form of late and scored a good goal. But when Didier plays like that, for me, he’s one of the best in the world. He’s unplayable for defenders,” he added.
Lampard has created twice as many goal scoring chances this season as his nearest rival in the Premier League, and Saturday’s performance upped his tally to 10 direct assists apart from 19 he has scored himself. (ANI)
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Chelsea will win FA Cup: Ancelotti - Feb 13, 2010
- Chelsea reach Champions League quarters after thrilling win - Mar 15, 2012
- Valiant Chelsea knock Barca out, reach Champions League final - Apr 25, 2012
- Chelsea coach Ancelotti hails magic Lamps after Birmingham win - Jan 28, 2010
- Chelsea boss Ancelotti says Sturridge's twin-goals saved him from 'running naked' - Jan 04, 2010
- Chelsea thrash Wigan to lift Premier League title - May 10, 2010
- Chelsea beat Everton to win FA Cup - May 31, 2009
- Lampard hails Drogba for Chelsea's historic win - May 20, 2012
- Drogba double takes Chelsea back to summit - Feb 08, 2010
- Chelsea, Arsenal win, Tottenham lose to Wigan - Aug 28, 2010
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Won't play for another English club: Drogba - May 23, 2012
- Terry hails Chelsea's team spirit - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: arsenal, assists, didi, drogba, equaliser, fa cup, florent malouda, frank lampard, john terry, lamps, lt, man utd, manchester united, marvellous, perfect 70, premier league, skipper, t score, tally, trophy