Tendulkar to play 400th ODI on Thursday(Lead: Sanchin)November 14th, 2007 - 2:01 am ICT by admin
In fact, the two veterans have been progressing neck-and-neck with the left-hander pipping the Mumbaikar when he took the field against England at Dambulla in the ongoing one-day series.
Tendulkar, is the most prolific one-day batsman in the history of the game with 15,563 runs in his 399 ODIs to date. He has a world record of 41 centuries in the format at an average of 44.21.
He has been also useful with the ball taking 152 wickets at an average of 44.
Jayasuriya has 12,178 runs in 401 ODIs at an average of 32.73 with 25 hundreds.
Four Indians — Tendulkar, Mohammad Azharuddin, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly — three Sri Lankans and two Pakistanis feature in the top ten list of players who have played the most ODIs.
Former Australian captain Steve Waugh is the only person in the list from outside the sub-continent with 325 matches. (ANI)
- Tendulkar is leading run-scorer in World Cup (Statistics, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 08, 2011
- Tendulkar two Test short of becoming most capped player - Apr 23, 2010
- Tendulkar first to score 50 Test centuries (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Munaf achieves career-best figures at Wanderers (Match highlights) - Jan 16, 2011
- Ponting ticks off another milestone with Gabba ton - Feb 15, 2010
- 'Ponting contemplating retirement from ODIs' - Feb 20, 2012
- Sachin is first to score 20 ODI hundreds at home - Mar 12, 2011
- Time flies, you just need to enjoy, says Tendulkar - Aug 03, 2010
- Sri Lanka recall veteran Jayasuriya for ODIs and Twenty20 in England - Jun 09, 2011
- Sehwag sixth India batsman to score 1,000 runs against Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Sachin becomes first to score 2000 runs in World Cups (Match highlights) - Mar 10, 2011
- Time away from cricket has helped me get back to form: Styris - Aug 19, 2010
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Tendulkar slams record fifth World Cup century - Feb 27, 2011
- Career highlights of Rahul Dravid - Mar 09, 2012