Tendulkar looking forward to ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 in IndiaAugust 6th, 2010 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Aug.6 (ANI): On this week’s ICC Cricket World audio show, Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar looks ahead to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 which will be staged in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka from February 19 to April 2.
“We’ve been performing well as a side and I think it’s important that the India team carry its momentum into the tournament next year. I think our pre-tournament preparation will be key and at the same time pre-tournament recovery is also important so that we’re raring to go once the event has started.
“I think it’s difficult to say which team will do well in the tournament next year as it’s about who performs well on that given day. Whoever does well will carry the confidence with them through the tournament once they’ve won a few matches. It (World Cup) makes it a totally different ball game,” says the 37-year-old who has played in five ICC Cricket World Cups.
The show can be used in whole or part by radio stations that want cricket content, while the public can also download it straight from the ICC website at http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/media_interactive_zone/podcast.php.
Joining Tendulkar on this week’s show are the captains of Argentina and USA who are busy preparing for the Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Division (WCL Div. 4) which gets under way on 14 August in Bologna, Italy.
“I think we’ve got a good team that has a wealth of young talent as well as experience,” says USA captain Steve Massiah.
“I’m confident we’ll do well. We have a good knowledge of the sides taking part and a good record against a few of them. We’re looking forward to the event that’s for sure,” says the 31-year-old.
Meanwhile, Argentina’s captain Esteban MacDermott says it has been challenging for his side to prepare for the event.
“It’s winter here in Argentina which has made it quite hard to practice but at the same time we’re used to playing in heat so I feel we’ll cope in the temperatures that we’re likely to expect in Bologna.
“We’re looking forward to the tournament and I feel I have a well-rounded team playing in this event,” says MacDermott.
Apart from the above interviews, the show has the usual round up of cricketing news and an update of the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for Test and ODI cricket.
The weekly ICC Cricket World audio show runs for 15 minutes and has been put together by the ICC’s global broadcast partner ESPN STAR Sports. (ANI)
- Morrison declares India as team to beat at World Cup 2011 - Jul 15, 2010
- Vettori striving for 'ultimate achievement' -- World Cup title win in India - Sep 17, 2010
- Clarke defends minnow nations' participation in World Cup - Apr 04, 2011
- Sammy says Windies must back up 'favourites' tag - Sep 02, 2012
- ICC drops associate countries from 2015 World Cup - Apr 05, 2011
- Ponting bats for ICC move to reduce World Cup playing teams - Feb 22, 2011
- India can emerge as world champions if players play to potential: Kapil Dev - Jan 28, 2011
- Dhoni is the best captain I have played for, says Sachin - Apr 04, 2011
- We were not under pressure to win the World Cup: Dhoni - Apr 08, 2011
- Indian players talk to cricket board over ambush marketing - Feb 04, 2011
- Waqar calls for quick decision on spot-fixing so that "Pak can focus on job ahead" - Dec 11, 2010
- Clarke bats for ICC minnow members - Apr 04, 2011
- "Indian bookmakers active again in 2011 World Cup" for spot-fixing: Nawaz - Mar 04, 2011
- Pak cricket team deserves credit for reaching World Cup semi-final: Amir - Apr 03, 2011
- No favourites for World Cup.but India looking good: Waqar Younis - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: 14 august, ball game, bologna italy, captain steve, cricket world cup, cricket world cup 2011, div 4, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, icc cricket world cup 2011, india team, indian batsman, interactive zone, macdermott, radio stations, sachin tendulkar, wcl, world cricket league, world cup 2011, world cups