Tendulkar, Gambhir, Sangakkara fined $20,000March 14th, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar, his Delhi Daredevils counterpart Gautam Gambhir and Kings XI Punjab skipper Kumar Sangakkara have been fined $20,000 each for their teams’ slow overrate in the Indian Premier League matches played Saturday.
An IPL release said Tendulkar was fined after the Mumbai Indians “were assessed to be two overs behind their required rate” during their four-run win against Rajasthan Royals at Mumbai’s Brabourne Stadium.
“Under the IPL’s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over rate offences, Tendulkar was fined $20,000 by match referee Andy Pycroft,” the statement said.
In the game at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium at Mohali, both the Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils were each assessed to be one over behind the required rate.
Fines were slapped on both the captains by match referee Srinivas Venkataraghavan.
With Gambhir leading from the front with a knock of 72, Delhi Daredevils beat Kings XI by five wickets.
Earlier, Kolkata Knight Riders captain Sourav Ganguly was fined an identical amount for his side’s slow over rate during the tournament opener against defending champions Deccan Chargers at the D.Y. Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai Friday.
- Gautam Gambhir fined for slow over rate - May 08, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab fined for slow over rate - Mar 25, 2010
- Virat Kohli fined for RCB's slow over rate - May 18, 2012
- Sangakkara banned for one match for slow over-rate - Mar 28, 2010
- Sourav fined $20,000 for slow over rate - Mar 13, 2010
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- Deccan Skipper Sangakkara fined for slow over rate - Apr 27, 2012
- Ganguly find $20,000 for Kight Riders' slow over rate (Lead) - Mar 13, 2010
- Kings XI Punjab elect to bat against Mumbai Indians - Apr 25, 2012
- Mumbai Indians elect to bat against Kings XI Punjab - Apr 22, 2012
- Jayawardene to lead Kings XI Punjab against Mumbai Indians - Mar 29, 2010
- India fined for maintaining slow over-rate - Apr 03, 2011
- Munaf fined 50 percent of match fee - Apr 23, 2012
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- Daredevils play on another fresh Kotla wicket - May 03, 2011
Tags: chargers, code of conduct, counterpart, daredevils, gambhir, game, indians, ipl, knight riders, kumar sangakkara, match, navi mumbai, New Delhi, premier league, punjab cricket association, referee, royals, sachin, sourav ganguly, wickets