Ten killed in militant attack in SwatAugust 25th, 2008 - 11:56 am ICT by ANI
Mingora (Pakistan), Aug 25 (ANI): Ten people were killed today in Pakistan’’s Swat Valley when militants attacked a district government official home.
According to the police, the deceased include three members of a family and seven security guards.
The fighting between troops and militants in the Swat Valley has intensified in recent weeks. On Sunday, 78 people were killed and several others injured as fierce clashes continued in different parts of the Swat Valley.
The security forces launched their offensive late night on the alleged headquarters of Taliban militants, using artillery and gunship helicopters to hit positions of the militants.
ISPR spokesman in Swat said that clashes between security forces and Taliban militants resulted in killing of 45-50 militants including a Taliban commander and foreign fighters in Tehsil Kabbal of Swat.
The security forces blew up a headquarters of Taliban in Tehsil Kabbal.
Meanwhile, ten security men were also killed and seven injured in clashes while Taliban claimed to have destroyed 20 vehicles of security forces.
On the other hand, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan’’s (TTP) Swat spokesman Haji Muslim Khan rejected the ISPR’’s claim, saying that no local or foreign fighter was killed in fighting. He claimed the responsibility of attacks on FC check post and other areas.
He vowed to carry out more attacks in the country if security forces were not withdrawn from the troubled valley of Swat. (ANI)
- Pak Army kills 50 Taliban militants in Swat - Aug 24, 2008
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in Malakand - Jun 13, 2009
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 43 more Taliban killed as Pak forces continue to pound militants in FATA - Jun 23, 2010
- Pakistan says Taliban leader in Swat surrounded (Lead) - Sep 14, 2009
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 24 more militants killed in Swat military operation - May 08, 2009
- Pakistan clashes kill 11 soldiers, 24 militants (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- 45 Taliban insurgents killed in South Waziristan, Swat - Jun 30, 2009
- Pak Taliban warns Swat people not to buy properties of ANP leaders - Nov 26, 2010