Team effort essential for winning over India: Younis KhanNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:22 am ICT by admin
The visitors started on a winning note, by defeating the Delhi Ranji team by seven wickets in the only warm-up one-day match played in New Delhi on Friday.
Pakistani star batsman Salman Butt was full of praise for Indian bowlers and feels it will be a keenly fought contest.
“In India you have got good bowlers. In the last match against Delhi yesterday, there were three left-hand bowlers. I think they are good bowlers. It will be a keenly fought competition,” said Butt.
However, former Pakistani cricket captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has a word of caution for the young Pakistani side.
“Definitely, the previous touring Pakistani teams were more experienced. This team consists of youngsters. They don’t have much experience, which they will miss in the series,” said Haq.
Pakistan, who last won a test series in India in 1986, are due to play five one-day internationals and three tests from November 5.
The teams have toured each other’s country annually since 2004 when India went on a tour of Pakistan after 14 years. (ANI)
- Ex Pak greats blasts Butt for announcing Yousuf's removal after Australia tour - Jan 24, 2010
- Pak batsmen "know how to tackle" Sri Lanka's formidable M-factor: Misbah - Feb 25, 2011
- Pakistan has enough firepower to win World Cup: Inzamam-ul-Haq - Feb 20, 2011
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- 'In form' Kamran, Malik disappointed over exclusion from Test, T20 squads for NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Controversial run-outs unjustified: Dhoni - Feb 26, 2012
- Quarterfinal results of 2011 World Cup "really difficult to predict": Inzamam - Mar 23, 2011
- PCB to name Pak captain for World Cup 2011 on February 4: Ijaz Butt - Feb 01, 2011
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
- Inzamam blasts Afridi for his 'disservice' to Pak cricket - Feb 02, 2010
- Delay in naming captain will hamper Pakistan's chances: Inzamam - Jan 24, 2011
- Pak drops Akhtar, Shafiq from second ODI against NZ, four players dope tested - Jan 25, 2011
- Zaheer Abbas tips Pakistan to win ODI series against Windies 'emphatically' - Apr 22, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: bowlers, cricket captain, fought contest, India, inzamam ul haq, last match, one day internationals, pakistan, pakistani cricket, pakistani side, said butt, said khan, salman butt, star batsman, wickets, younis khan