Taufel seeks clarification from ICC through his Lahore attack reportMarch 11th, 2009 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Mar.11 (ANI): Over a week after the Lahore terror attack on the Sri Lankan cricket players and officials, Australian and ICC elite umpire Simon Taufel has sought an explanation from the crickets apex governing body, the International Cricket Council (ICC), which has urged umpires to be more rationalon the issue.
Taufel sent his report to ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat.
“Haroon and I talked about the experience of Lahore, but more particularly we talked about the broader picture and what the ICC could do to deal with the issues involved,” The News quoted Taufel, as saying.
Taufel said the attacks were a clear indication of how the authority has been managing the game in recent times, and that the attack has certainly implicated the ICC about how it will operate in the future.
“The whole issue of how cricket is run needs to be looked at by the (ICC) board and the chief executives of the 10 Test playing countries,” Taufel said.
Taufel along with Umpires Performance Manager Peter Manuel, Umpires Steve Davis, Nadhim Gouri, Ahsan Raza, ICC match referee Chris Broad, and liaison officer Abdul Sami, were traveling in a minibus behind the bus carrying the Sri Lankan cricket team which was sprayed with bullets in the attack. (ANI)
- Sri Lanka cricket appoints Lorgat as advisor - Jul 31, 2012
- ICC CEO Lorgat to step down next year - Nov 22, 2011
- Pak security officials abandoned us during terror attack: Peter Manuel - Mar 09, 2009
- Pakistan want to host ICC event in 2018 - Jun 30, 2011
- Taufel meets Lorgat to narrate his Lahore experience - Mar 10, 2009
- ICC drops associate countries from 2015 World Cup - Apr 05, 2011
- Brearley, Chappell ICC's ambassadors to help Pak cricket - Jul 17, 2010
- Hair blasts Lorgat for insensitive comments - Mar 09, 2009
- Hair labels ICC chief Lorgat a bully - Mar 09, 2009
- ICC may allow local match officials in Pakistan - Mar 07, 2012
- ICC chief puts onus on players, coaches and selectors to address fatigue factor - Feb 16, 2011
- PCB chief rubbishes claims of security lapses - Mar 05, 2009
- Umpire Bowden shaken by Lahore terror attack - Mar 08, 2009
- Lorgat defends umpire decision review system - Mar 05, 2011
- Taufel, Dar to officiate in World Cup final - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: ahsan, apex, bullets, chief executives, cricket players, crickets, gouri, governing body, haroon lorgat, international cricket council, liaison officer, minibus, performance manager, raza, referee, simon taufel, sri lankan cricket, sri lankan cricket team, terror attack, umpire