Tanvir vows to come out with all guns blazing against Sri Lanka in ICC T20June 11th, 2009 - 2:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 11 (ANI): Pakistan fast bowler Sohail Tanvir has rejected reports about him being injured, saying he would come out with all guns blazing in the match against Sri Lanka on Friday.
Tanvir said he struggled a bit on the ground during the match against the Netherlands due a slight muscular pain, but it was not of much concern.
“I’ve been having a few problems adjusting with the cold weather here which is why I wasn’t in peak condition in the match against the Netherlands,” The News quoted Tanvir, as saying.
The Pakistan team management has asked Tanvir not to bowl in the nets ahead of an important Super Eight encounter against Sri Lanka, so that the left arm pacer could start afresh in the match.
“It has been decided that I will rest today in order to be fully fit for Friday’s game,” Tanvir said.
Tanvir has so far failed to make an impact in the tournament.
He is considered a dangerous bowler and a perfect fit for the Twenty20 format of the game, particularly after his stupendous outing in the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) inaugural season.
Tanvir was the most successful bowler in the IPL’s first season. (ANI)
- Indian team to pose 'biggest threat' in upcoming World Cup: Pak players - Jan 31, 2011
- Sohail hopes to get fit before IPL - Jan 15, 2010
- Anybody can win this year's World Cup: Sohail Tanvir - Mar 18, 2011
- Afridi hints at including an extra spinner in Pakistan team - Feb 14, 2011
- Pak pacer Tanvir hopeful of making a comeback to national squad - Sep 19, 2010
- Nehra ruled out, Gambhir looks good to play the final: Dhoni - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan geared up for big clash against Sri Lanka - Feb 25, 2011
- India will struggle against Akhtar in absence of Sachin, Yuvraj in Asia Cup: Tanvir - Jun 12, 2010
- Akram lauds decision to include Pathan in Indian team - Jul 21, 2012
- Tanvir eyes successful Surrey stint - Jul 24, 2009
- Pak pacer Tanvir's replacement Junaid says his "call-up for World Cup is warranted" - Feb 10, 2011
- Will treat World Cup as any other tournament: Junaid Khan - Feb 10, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Pakistan names World Cup squad minus Yousuf, mystery prevails over skipper - Jan 19, 2011
- "Lackluster" Tanvir vows to force his way back into Pak Test team - Jun 27, 2009
Tags: cold weather, encounter, game, guns, inaugural season, ipl, left arm, london, match, muscular pain, netherlands, pacer, pakistan team, peak condition, perfect fit, premier league, sri lanka, t20, team management