Talha eyes comeback to Pak team after successful domestic seasonApril 24th, 2011 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, April 24(ANI): Pakistani pacer Mohammad Talha has expressed hope that his successful season in domestic cricket will impress the selection committee and earn him a much awaited recall to the national team.
Pakistan’s limited-overs squad for the Caribbean tour includes five players yet to play for the senior team- wicketkeeper Mohammad Salman, batsman Usman Salahuddin, allrounder Hammad Azam and pacers Sadaf Hussain and Junaid Khan.
Talha, who took 53 wickets in ten matches at an average of just over 22 in last season’s Quaid E Azam Trophy, hopes that the selectors took note of his consistent domestic performances and would include him in Pakistan’s Test team for the Windies tour.
“The selectors deserve credit for taking note of players who have performed well in domestic cricket. Junaid Khan and Sadaf Hussain are such examples of consistent form in domestic cricket and I too hope that my successful season in domestic cricket will have impressed the selection committee,” PakPassion.net quoted Talha, as saying.
Talha feels that confidence and rhythm are the key ingredients in his bowling, and that he can replicate his domestic form in international matches.
“I’ve felt good rhythm to my bowling all season and my confidence is high. I firmly believe that I can provide Pakistan with a good attacking option against the West Indies,” he added.
Talha’s solitary Test chance came against Sri Lanka in the ill-fated match at the Gaddaffi stadium in Lahore in March 2009, which was abandoned following a terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team as they were on the way to the ground for the third day’s play.
He had the figures of 1 for 88 off 17 overs against the Sri Lankans before the series was dumped. (ANI)
- Unfit Pakistan pacer Cheema ruled out of Windies tour - Apr 07, 2011
- Gul will return with bang in Pakistan's Test series against Windies: Intikhab - Apr 10, 2011
- Pak cricket team leaves for Caribbean tour - Apr 14, 2011
- Pak bowling, fielding has shown dramatic improvement in last 12-14 months: Waqar - Apr 15, 2011
- ODI series win against Windies first priority for Pakistan: Afridi - Apr 28, 2011
- Emerging player Azam hoping for Pak World Cup debut - Sep 29, 2010
- Windies tour golden opportunity for young Pak cricketers to prove their worth: Intikhab - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Zaheer Abbas tips Pakistan to win ODI series against Windies 'emphatically' - Apr 22, 2011
- Tanvir to lead Pakistan side against Afghanistan - May 18, 2011
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- Afridi delays departure for Windies tour due to "some personal work" - Apr 15, 2011
- Akram lauds decision to include Pathan in Indian team - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistan drop Razzaq, Kamran from ODIs, T20 side - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: allrounder, batsman, caribbean tour, domestic cricket, domestic performances, hammad, hussain, junaid, lahore, pacer, pak team, quaid e azam, salahuddin, selection committee, selectors, sri lankan team, sri lankans, test team, usman, wickets