‘Talented’ Kiwis must beat ‘pretty average’ Pak in Wellington Test: McMillanJanuary 14th, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Jan 14(ANI): Former New Zealand batsman Craig McMillan insists that nothing less than a victory is acceptable for the national team against a “pretty average” Pakistan team in the second and final Test, starting in Wellington on Saturday.
McMillan said that the Wellington Test is the only chance to make up for the humiliating 10-wicket loss inside three days in the first Test held in Hamilton.
“The public’s patience is wearing pretty thin with this side and they want to see some performances and see this team start winning,” Stuff.co.nz quoted McMillan, as saying.
“It’s a really big game for everyone involved. It’s a pretty average Pakistani side - there’s no Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis or Inzamam-ul-Haq - then maybe to lose the series is unacceptable when you look at the New Zealand side and how talented they are,” he added. (ANI)
- McMillan concerned over Kiwis' lack of confidence ahead of 2011 World Cup - Dec 03, 2010
- Time to play three spinners in New Zealand side: McMillan - Feb 18, 2011
- No current player in Cricinfo's Pak all-time great Test XI - May 25, 2010
- Pakistan simply awful in eerily empty stadium - Jan 23, 2011
- Sacking Afridi was a big mistake: Akram - May 21, 2011
- Pakistan eye first Test series win since 2007 as NZ struggle for form - Jan 13, 2011
- Patience key word for Kiwi batsmen as well as public: Wright - Jan 11, 2011
- Tuffey replaces injured McKay in New Zealand test squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Kiwi-Pak Test series just an entree for one-dayers - Jan 06, 2011
- Quarterfinal results of 2011 World Cup "really difficult to predict": Inzamam - Mar 23, 2011
- Wasim Akram lashes out at Shahid Afridi - Sep 23, 2011
- Misbah stars as Pak beat Kiwis by two wickets in fourth ODI to lead series 2-1 - Feb 01, 2011
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Ryder hits third Test ton as New Zealand fight back (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 06, 2010
- Waqar Younis urges ex-Pak greats to help inject faith, discipline in team - Mar 07, 2010