Tait expects his bowling action to be questionedDecember 19th, 2007 - 2:24 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, Dec.19 (ANI): Speedster Shaun Tait has said he expects his bowling action to be questioned during the Australian cricket season.
The visiting New Zealand squad has already made some oblique and accusing statements regarding Taits action during the ongoing Chappell-Hadlee Trophy one-day series, but the South Australian has said such scrutiny is inevitable.
“It didn’t really worry me at all. It was going to be one of those things that was going to come at some point in my career and then disappear, just looking at Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar, Fox Sports quoted Tait, as saying.
“Like (New Zealand captain) Daniel Vettori said, blokes bowling 150km/h or over, someone is going to say something about that action at some point. They have and now it’s gone.”
Lee was reported early in his career for a suspect action, but was subsequently cleared and has not had a problem since, although Dennis Lillee said at the time Lee’s action needed monitoring.
Shoaib has been suspended in the past because his action was so bad and it is still not good.
Tait has suffered no such fate; just unfortunate innuendo that can be traced back to the New Zealand coach John Bracewell.
Leading the three-match series 1-0 after Sunday’s washout in Sydney, Australia is playing New Zealand in the final match in Hobart on Thursday.
Tait is also keenly anticipating his rematch with Brendon McCullum, the feisty keeper and opener who was unfortunate not to score his maiden one-day century in Adelaide, holing out against Brad Hogg for 96.
“He’s a very good player,” Tait said of McCullum. (ANI)
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview) - Feb 24, 2011
- Australia too good for New Zealand (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand - Feb 25, 2011
- Tait should be definite starter in Ashes squad: Ex-pacer Hogg - Aug 19, 2010
- McCullum, Vettori guide New Zealand to 206 - Feb 25, 2011
- Aussies searching for tactics against McCullum in ODI series - Mar 02, 2010
- Scoreboard of New Zealand innings against Australia - Feb 25, 2011
- McCullum expects Eden Park fireworks with Aussies - Mar 05, 2010
- Big Bash launch pales in comparison with IPL - Dec 17, 2011
- Brett Lee ranked alongside Oz greats Lillee and McGrath - Mar 02, 2011
- New Zealand all out for 206 against Australia - Feb 25, 2011
- Akhtar urges Tait not to be obsessed with speed against India - Mar 23, 2011
- Vettori named New Zealand player of the year - Sep 10, 2010
- Fidel Edwards aiming to be fastest bowler on earth - Dec 18, 2011
- Scoreboard: New Zealand vs Australia, World Cup Group A - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: australian cricket, blokes, bowling action, brad hogg, brendon mccullum, brett lee, captain daniel, chappell hadlee trophy, coach john, cricket season, daniel vettori, dennis lillee, final match, fox sports, innuendo, shoaib akhtar, sydney australia, washout, zealand captain, zealand coach