Tag Heuer thinking of cutting Tiger Woods sponsorship dealDecember 15th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 15(ANI): Scandal-hit American golfing superstar Tiger Woods is reportedly on the verge of losing his sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmaker Tag Heuer, raising the prospect that it could be next in line to cut ties with the sportsman.
Rumours have surfaced after Tag Heuer’s vice-president of communications, Francoise Bezzola said that though no official decision had been made, but the company is “considering” whether to drop or continue its seven-year association with Woods.
Earlier, Woods had lost his sponsorship deal with Accenture, after the consulting firm ended the deal saying the golfer, accused of cheating on his wife with several women, was “no longer the right representative”.
Gillette has also said that it is “limiting” the sportsman’s marketing role, while AT and T is “evaluating” its contract with Woods.
Speculators believe Woods can suffer losses of an estimated 66 million pounds in income over the course of a year, if sponsors drop him.
Woods has decided to take an “indefinite” break from professional golf in a bid to save his marriage. (ANI)
- Accenture ends scandal-hit Tiger Woods sponsorship deal - Dec 14, 2009
- Woods leaves PGA in economic limbo - Dec 15, 2009
- Lonely Tiger in the woods this birthday Wednesday - Dec 29, 2009
- Sponsors Reconsidering Their Deals With Tiger Woods - Dec 21, 2009
- Troubled Woods birdies in the night to avoid prying eyes - Dec 20, 2009
- 'TAG Heuer stands with Tiger Woods' - Dec 24, 2009
- Gillette won't renew its endorsement deal with Tiger Woods - Dec 24, 2010
- Now GM Motors cancels deal with Tiger Woods - Jan 15, 2010
- Now, General Motors drops Tiger Woods - Jan 14, 2010
- Diaz is new face of Tag Heuer - Jun 14, 2011
- Tiger Woods loses endorsements one by one - Jan 13, 2010
- Tag Heuer drops scandal-hit Tiger Woods - Dec 19, 2009
- Tiger Woods Receives Support From Sponsor TAG Heuer - Dec 26, 2009
- A T and T drops Woods sponsorship - Jan 01, 2010
- AT&T ends sponsorship deal with Tiger Woods - Jan 01, 2010
Tags: accenture, consulting firm, francoise, gillette, golfing, losses, marriage, new york dec, professional golf, scandal, speculators, sponsorship deal, sportsman, swiss watchmaker, tag heuer, ties, tiger, tiger woods, verge, vice president