T20 has changed face of cricket: De SilvaJune 23rd, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 23 (IANS) Former ace Sri Lankan batsman Aravinda De silva feels the Twenty20 format has changed the face of cricket, especially after the action-packed Indian Premier League (IPL). “Both are different ball games together. In T20, you don’t need to be astute to think what you have to do and make a strategy. In one-day cricket you need to make a strategy. In T20, it is just go out and hit the ball for sixes,” De Silva told reporters here Monday, while promoting the forthcoming India-Sri Lanka series.
Former Indian cricketer and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar said: “India-Sri Lanka matches have always been high octane games with nail-biting finishes.”
Taj Televsion Ltd (Ten Sports) will telecast in India the series beginning July 23.
In July, India will travel to Sri Lanka for three Test matches and five One-Day Internationals.
For the first time, the International Cricket Council (ICC) will use the referral system on umpiring decisions in this series, where the players will be allowed to challenge decisions made by on-field umpires, and have them referred to the third umpire.
- Former Sri Lankan cricketer slams premier league critics - Aug 31, 2012
- UDRS has to be foolproof: World Cup umpires - Mar 31, 2011
- No World Cup quarterfinals for Asoka de Silva - Mar 21, 2011
- Bravo fined by ICC after criticising umpires - Jun 23, 2012
- Davies, Dharmasena to officiate in World Cup opener - Feb 02, 2011
- Taufel, Gould to officiate in high-octane India-Pakistan semis - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistan captain Misbah suspended from Galle Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistan capable of winning World Cup, says Aravinda de Silva - Mar 17, 2011
- South Africa-West Indies match can be riveting (Preview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- Umpires Dharamsena, Kettleborough promoted to Elite Panel - May 25, 2011
- iStream Bags internet rights for India-Sri Lanka series - Jul 18, 2012
- Can't understand India's opposition to DRS: Tremlett - Jun 14, 2011
- UDRS an insult for onfield umpires: Kapil Dev - Mar 02, 2011
- Sri Lanka to end Pakistan's cricketing isolation with October series in country - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: aravinda de silva, ball games, batsman, commentator, day internationals, high octane games, indian cricketer, international cricket council, ipl, mumbai, premier league, referral system, sanjay manjrekar, sixes, sri lankan, televsion, ten sports, test matches, umpire, umpires