Sylvester Stallone to star in and helm The ExpendablesNovember 6th, 2008 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 6 (ANI): Sylvester Stallone will now be seen starring and directing the action film The Expendables.
The 62-year-old legend, who has written the script, will team up with Jason Statham and Jet Li, who is in final negotiations, as a group of mercenaries in the movie for Nu Image/Millennium Films.
The story depicts the team on a mission to break into a South American country and overthrow its brutal dictator to set free the population, reports Variety.
The film will start its shooting in February in Costa Rica and Louisiana with Avi Lerner, John Thompson and Kevin King Templeton as its producers.
The Rocky actor is also expected to be joining hands with Nu Image/Millennium for the next instalment of the Rambo series that is also helmed and co-written by him. (ANI)
- The Expendables Rake In A Total Of 35 Million US Dollars - Aug 16, 2010
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- De Niro to star in 'Killing Season' - Nov 01, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone to write-direct-star in 'The Expendables' - Nov 09, 2008
- 'The Expendables' to release in over 400 screens in India - Aug 03, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone injures thumb while rehearsing action scene - Mar 09, 2009
- I 'killed' more people than Stallone: Schwarzenegger (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- Injuries are a good omen: Stallone - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: action film, brutal dictator, costa rica, expendables, group of mercenaries, helm, instalment, jason statham, jet li, john thompson, joining hands, lerner, louisiana, millennium, negotiations, population reports, producers, rambo series, sylvester stallone, templeton