Swapnali wins national mountain bikingJuly 31st, 2012 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) Mumbai’s Swapnali Yadav won four gold medals and the overall championship in the ninth National Mountain Biking Championship organised by the Cycling Federation of India and hosted by the Maharashtra Cycling Association in Pune from July 28 to 30.
Coached by India’s ace cyclist Rajendra Soni, Swapnali won two gold each in the individual time trial and cross country mass start in the girls’ under-17 and under-15 categories to take the individual honours.
Ganesh Pawar of Pune Balewadi won the boys under-19 Individual Time Trial gold and added the Cross Country Mass Start silver, while Dnyaneshwar Kashid of Pune won the boys under-17 Cross Country Mass Start bronze, as Maharashtra bagged five gold, a silver and a bronze overall.
Delhi, Services, Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Railway Sports Promotion Board, Kerala, Karnataka and hosts Maharashtra were some of the states that participated.
Girls U-15: Cross Country Mass Start: 1. Swapnali Yadav (Mah), 2. K.L. Kalyani (Kerala), 3. Sairabano Lodhi (Karnataka).
Girls U-15: Individual Time Trial: 1. Swapnali Yadav (Mah), 2. Sairabano Lodhi (Kar), 3. K.L. Kalyani (Kerala).
Girls U-17: Cross Country Mass Start: 1. Swapnali Yadav (Mah), 2. Athira Mohan (Kerala), 3. Pooja (Haryana).
Girls U-17: Individual Time Trial: 1. Swapnali Yadav (Mah), 2. Athira Mohan (Kerala), 3. Pooja (Haryana).
Boys U-19: Individual Time Trial: 1. Ganesh Pawar (Mah), 2. Vikas Saw (Haryana), 3. Mahadev Halabar (Kar).
Boys U-19: Cross Country Mass Start: 1. Mahadev Halabar (Kar), 2. Ganesh Pawar (Mah), 3. Vikas Saw (Haryana).
Boys U-17: Cross Country Mass Start: 1. Baswaraj Dalwai (Kar), 2. Manish Kumar (Har), 3. Dnyaneshwar Kashid (Mah).
Men: 1. Haryana, 2. Karnataka.
Women: 1. Karnataka, 2. Kerala, 3. Maharashtra
- Goyat snaps 800m National record - Jul 15, 2012
- Top seeds knocked out in national junior clay court tennis - Sep 01, 2011
- Sprint double for Dutee Chand of Odisha - Jul 14, 2012
- Mayur, Agarwal in boys final of national junior tennis - Sep 02, 2011
- Hei survives a scare in Indian Open junior squash - Aug 30, 2012
- Badami on a winning spree in junior snooker - May 14, 2012
- Mhamal, Akshaya share chess lead - Apr 30, 2012
- Dutee Chand eclipses National 100m women's record - Jul 13, 2012
- Nagal extends Sinha in MCC-Adidas junior tennis - Aug 31, 2011
- Easy win for Alok Kumar in national snooker - Aug 05, 2011
- Khamkar retains Mr India title - Apr 21, 2012
- Dixit, Anaka lead way into national squash semis - Oct 27, 2010
- Vazirani surprises Ravi in national squash championship - Oct 26, 2010
- Abdullah ousts Agarwal in national tennis - Aug 24, 2012
- Mehta sparkles with 134 break at National snooker - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: cycling association, cycling federation, gold medals, har, haryana, kalyani, karnataka, kashid, kerala girls, maharashtra, manish kumar, pawar, promotion board, sports promotion, team men, time trial, trial 1, trial gold, vikas, yadav