Swann fined for breaching ICC Code of ConductMarch 12th, 2011 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Chittagong (Bangladesh), Mar. 12 (ANI): England off-spinner Graeme Swann has been fined 10 per cent of his match fee after being found guilty of breaching the ICC’s Code of Conduct during the ICC Cricket World Cup match against Bangladesh in Chittagong on Friday.
Swann was charged with a Level 1 offence under article 2.1.4 of the code which relates to, ‘Using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an international match.’
Swann pleaded guilty to the charge and as such, under the provisions of the code, the matter was determined by Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees and so there was no requirement for a full hearing.
The charge was brought by on-field umpires Rod Tucker and Darryl Harper and third umpire Aleem Dar, all from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires.
Explaining his decision, Crowe said: “Graeme became frustrated and upset at the condition of the second ball in use during the Bangladesh innings. His comments to the on-field umpires during the 26th over of the innings were unacceptable and an over later Graeme, realizing this, made a genuine apology to the umpires for his actions. While it was recognized that, because of the dew, this was a difficult period to be in the field it is also a fact that these conditions are not uncommon on the sub-continent.
“At the conclusion of the match Graeme accepted the sanction and there was no need for a full hearing.”
Offences included in Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct can range from an official reprimand up to 50 per cent of his or her match fee. (ANI)
- Graeme Swann fined 10 percent match fee - Mar 12, 2011
- Bravo fined by ICC after criticising umpires - Jun 23, 2012
- Bangladesh coach Siddons fined 10 per cent of his match fee - Mar 23, 2010
- Pakistan captain Misbah suspended from Galle Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- Windies pacer Roach fined 50 per cent of match fee for ICC Code of Conduct breach - Jul 01, 2010
- Steyn fined 100 per cent of match fee for ICC Code of Conduct breach - Jul 01, 2010
- Pollard, Proteas fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 22, 2010
- Referee rebukes Swann for kicking stumps - Jul 31, 2011
- Mills, Vettori and du Plessis fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Mar 26, 2011
- Broad fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Aug 09, 2010
- Kohli fined 15 per cent of match fee for ICC Code of Conduct breach - Aug 26, 2010
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Praveen Kumar fined for breaching ICC code - Jul 30, 2011
- Kohli reprimanded for 'showing dissent' on his dismissal - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: aleem dar, apology, chittagong bangladesh, code of conduct, continent, cricket world cup, difficult period, elite panel, gesture, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, jeff crowe, level 1, offence, referees, rod tucker, sanction, spinner, umpire, using language