Sushil Kumar wins Bronze in 66 Kg freestyle categoryAugust 20th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by admin
Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar defeated Leonid Speiridonov of Kazakhstan in the men’s freestyle (66 kg) event to grab the bronze in the Olympic Games here Wednesday.
This is the second medal for India at the Beijing Olympics after shooter Abhinav Bindra claimed the first ever individual Olympic gold last week.
This is the first time ever India has won more than one medal in any Olympic games. This medal came as a shock to the media and the sporting contingent present.
Although this time the Indian National Anthem was not played, Sushil Kumar has done India proud. The gold medal went to Turkey, Silver going to Ukraine.
Sushil now enters the elite group of Indian medalists.
You may congratulate Sushil using the comments form below.
- Olympics: Indian contingent greeted with huge cheers - Jul 28, 2012
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Wrestler Sushil grabs Olympic bronze - Aug 20, 2008
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Sushil Kumar to be India's flag bearer at Olympics - Jul 15, 2012
- Sushil Kumar wins Gold medal at World Wrestling Championship in Moscow - Sep 13, 2010
- Olympics: Sushil secures silver on concluding day (India Roundup) - Aug 12, 2012
- The best Olympics for India (Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil assures 6th medal for India (Fourth Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil first to win back-to-back medals (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil in men's 66 kg freestyle final (Second Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- 76 Indians qualify for Olympics, more likely - Jun 12, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil sizzles into semis (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- India hails Olympic silver medallist Sushil Kumar - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil Kumar enters quarters - Aug 12, 2012