Super Kings set Mumbai 169-run target in IPL finalApril 26th, 2010 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 25 (IANS) Suresh Raina smashed an unbeaten 57 as Chennai Super Kings scored 168 for five against Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League final at the D.Y. Patil Stadium at Navi Mumbai Sunday.
Raina rode on his luck as he was dropped twice in his 35-ball innings that included three fours and three sixes.
Super Kings got off to a slow start after electing to bat with Murali Vijay (26) and Matthew Hayden (17) sharing a 44-run opening stand in as many balls.
Raina and Subramaniam Badrinath (14) added 19 runs before the latter was dismissed by Dilahara Fernando (2-23).
Raina and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (22 off 15 balls) then added 72 runs for the fourth wicket. Dhoni struck two fours and one six but was caught by Fernando after mishitting a full toss from Zaheer Khan.
Raina then used the long handle in the end with the final five overs fetching Super Kings 60 runs.
- Super Kings overpower fighting Mumbai for first IPL trophy - Apr 26, 2010
- Raina's fighting innings takes Super Kings to IPL final (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Super Kings champions after a thrilling final - Apr 26, 2010
- Bollinger, Badrinath star in Super Kings' win over Pune Warriors (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Gayle powers RCB to victory against CSK (Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Super Kings crash to shock defeat to Trinidad and Tobago - Oct 03, 2011
- Royal Challengers elect to bat against Super Kings - Apr 12, 2012
- Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab, enter IPL semi-final - Apr 18, 2010
- Mumbai Indians choose to field against Super Kings - May 06, 2012
- Mumbai Indians to field against Super Kings - May 23, 2012
- Super Kings dump Mumbai Indians (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Super Kings defeat Cape Cobras for first win - Sep 29, 2011
- Super Kings opt to bat against Pune Warriors - Apr 14, 2012
- Super Kings chalk up third win (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Dhoni powers Super Kings to IPL semi-final (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010