Super Eight: India in Group E, Pakistan in Group FJune 10th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 10 (IANS) Defending champions India and runners-up Pakistan
will not clash until the semi-final as they have been put in different groups in the Super Eight stage of the World Twenty20.
India, that had the top seeding in Group A (in the preliminary stage), are in Group E of the Super Eight stage while runners-up Pakistan, top seeded in Group B, are in Group F.
England, West Indies and South Africa are the other three teams in Group E. Unseeded West Indies snatched the top-seed rating from Australia by knocking them out of in Group C.
Besides Pakistan, the other three teams in Group F are Ireland, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
In the Super Eight stage, teams will play each other once in their respective Group and the two top teams will qualify for the semi-final.
Group E; India (A1), England (B2), West Indies (C1), South Africa (D2)
Group F: Pakistan (B1), Ireland (A2), Sri Lanka (C2), New Zealand (D1).
- India face Australia, Sri Lanka take on England in World Cup quarters (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- India face South Africa in ICC Champions Trophy opener - Aug 21, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: Pakistan on track for worst finish - Aug 22, 2012
- World Cup quarters: Tight race in Group B for last three spots - Mar 16, 2011
- Poland, Greece to kick-off Euro 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Australia thrash West Indies to make World Twenty2o semis (Lead) - May 12, 2010
- World Cup Roll of Honour - Apr 01, 2011
- India slip to third place in ODI Championship - Aug 01, 2011
- S.Africa to host first ICC Women's Cricket Challenge - Aug 06, 2010
- U-19 World Cup: India pip Pakistan to enter semis (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Can South Africa break their World cup jinx? - Mar 21, 2011
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Windies clash with Kiwis for semi-final spot - Aug 19, 2012
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players - Feb 18, 2011
- New Zealand can challenge in-form South Africa (Preview, Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- World Twenty20: Fixtures - Apr 29, 2010