Sunil Gavaskar not part of new IPL Governing CouncilSeptember 29th, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sep 29 (ANI): Former Indian cricket skipper Sunil Gavaskar is not a part of the new Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council team that was reconstituted in the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) Annual General Meeting (AGM) held here on Wednesday.
Former Indian cricket captains Ravi Shastri and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi have, however, been retained in the IPL Governing Council.
Other members of the new IPL Governing Council are Chirayu Amin, Arun Jaitley, Rajiv Shukla, Ranjib Biswal and Anurag Thakur.
A crucial decision that was taken during the recent meeting was to reduce the term from five years to one year.
It has been reported that the panel has been reconstituted to make sure that suspended IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi is removed from all posts.
The BCCI has also withdrew the fund embezzlement case against its former President Jagmohan Dalmiya and also lifted a four-year-old expulsion imposed on him, clearing the decks for his return to national cricket administration.
“The BCCI, at its Annual General Meeting held here today, has withdrawn the suit it has filed against Jagmohan Dalmiya in the Bombay High Court and it has also withdrawn the expulsion that was imposed on him in 2006,” a statement from the Board read.
Dalmiya was banned from BCCI meetings and an FIR was filed against him in 2006, accusing him of embezzling the 1996 World Cup funds, forcing him to step down as Cricket Association of Bengal President. (ANI)
- Sunil Gavaskar dropped from IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010
- Dalmiya all set to continue unchallenged as CAB chief - Jul 27, 2010
- Sanjay Jagdale to be BCCI secretary, Ajay Shirkey treasurer - Sep 18, 2011
- BCCI to re-constitute disciplinary panel - Dec 11, 2010
- Srinivasan set to be BCCI president-elect - Sep 28, 2010
- Dalmiya re-elected CAB president - Jul 28, 2012
- No changes in BCCI panel probing Lalit Modi - Dec 11, 2010
- Lalit Modi gets reprieve from Bombay High Court - Dec 25, 2010
- Former BCCI chief P.M. Rungta passes away (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Dalmiya has a challenger in Samar Pal for top CAB post - Jul 21, 2012
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
- Apex court spares Pawar trial for perjury, but wants fresh probe - Mar 17, 2010
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- Dalmiya set to retain CAB president's post - Jul 24, 2009
- No word of praise enough for Tendulkar: Dalmiya - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, anurag, arun jaitley, bcci, biswal, bombay high court, chirayu amin, cricket association of bengal, dalmiya, embezzlement, governing council, indian cricket captains, ipl, lalit, mansoor ali khan, mansoor ali khan pataudi, national cricket, rajiv shukla, shastri, thakur