Sunil Gavaskar dropped from IPL Governing CouncilSeptember 29th, 2010 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Wednesday dropped former captain Sunil Gavaskar from the governing council of the Indian Premier League (IPL) but retained Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and Ravi Shastri.
The governing council was reconstituted after the board suspended IPL chairman and commissioner Lalit Modi earlier this year over charges of murky dealings.
The BCCI in its 81st annual general meeting here also decided to withdraw suits filed against former president Jagmohan Dalmiya in Bombay High Court and also revoked the expulsion imposed on him in 2006.
In the meeting, secretary N. Srinivasan was elected as the president-elect and will take over from Shashank Manohar next year.
Niranjan Shah, an IPL vice-president, was made the vice-president from the west zone and he replaced Chirayu Amin, who has completed his tenure. Amin is now the chairman of the IPL.
Rajiv Shukla became the vice-president from central zone in place of Modi. The other vice-presidents are Arindam Ganguly (east zone), Arun Jaitley (north zone) and Shivlal Yadav (south zone). Sanjay Jagdale and M.P. Pandove would continue as the joint-secretary and treasurer.
- Srinivasan set to be BCCI president-elect - Sep 28, 2010
- Sanjay Jagdale to be BCCI secretary, Ajay Shirkey treasurer - Sep 18, 2011
- Chirayu Amin takes over as interim IPL chairman - Apr 26, 2010
- Sunil Gavaskar not part of new IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010
- Amin is IPL interim chairman; Manohar assures fair Modi trial (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- BCCI may appoint interim panel to run IPL (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL Governing Council meets, sans Modi - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL Governing Council to decide Modi's fate Monday (Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Srinivasan takes charge as BCCI president; terminates Kochi's contract (Lead) - Sep 19, 2011
- Chirayu Amin IPL interim chief, Modi chargesheeted on five counts (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2010
- BCCI appoints 3-member team to oversee IPL functioning - Apr 26, 2010
- Modi boxed into corner, BCCI out to oust him? - Apr 19, 2010
- The office-bearers of Indian cricket board - Sep 27, 2008
- IMG wants good relationship with BCCI - May 17, 2010
- BCCI holds meet with IPL's marketing firm in Mumbai - May 18, 2010
Tags: ali khan, annual general meeting, arun jaitley, bombay high court, central zone, chirayu amin, dalmiya, east zone, gavaskar, india bcci, murky dealings, north zone, pataudi, president elect, rajiv shukla, ravi shastri, south zone, vice president from, vice presidents, west zone