Suicide bombers ready to unleash a reign of terror in NWFPJuly 28th, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Mingora ( Pakistan ), July 28 (ANI): Tehrik-i-Taliban chief of Swat unit, Maulana Fazlullah has threatened to unleash a large number of suicide bombers if the NWFP government launched a military operation in the Valley.
He said bombing of girls schools in the region was a minor reaction of the Taliban and warned that they would surprise the whole world if so ordered by their leadership.
The cleric, who had been in the hiding for the past 10 months, said this while talking to reporters in Tawan village of Kabal on Sunday.
He said the Taliban were prepared to defend themselves and foil any government attack. Retaliation this time would be more deadly than ever in the past, he said and added that the Taliban would not hesitate to answer the security forces action in the same coin.
Bullets will invite bullets while talks will be welcomed with talks. Jihad against infidels in Afghanistan and Pakistan would continue with zeal and spirit, the Dawn quoted him as saying.
He said his supporters were waiting for the orders of the central leadership of the Tehrik-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). A line of action would be devised in the light of the directive of TTP chief Baitullah Meshud, he said.
About the peace accord reached with the NWFP government on May 21, Maulana Fazlullah said: As members of the Pukhtun nation we are still bound to respect the deal but the ANP-led provincial government is using delaying tactics in honouring it.
He alleged that the NWFP government was not sincere in implementing the accord in letter and spirit. The Taliban had postponed their talks with the authorities because of the lukewarm attitude of the government, he added. (ANI)
Tags: 10 months, anp, baitullah, central leadership, cleric, girls schools, government attack, infidels, kabal, maulana fazlullah, military operation, mingora, nwfp, peace accord, provincial government, reign of terror, retaliation, suicide bombers, swat unit, ttp