Subrata says he is committed to Pune FCJune 2nd, 2011 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, June 2 (IANS) A day after Dempo showed interest in goalkeeper Subrata Paul, the India international said he was committed to stay with Pune FC till 2012.
“Rumours are part of the game after the season. I would like to confirm that I will be turning out in Pune FC colours next season as well,” said Subrata. “I am extremely happy with Pune FC and I don’t want to leave the club.”
Dempo reportedly were ready to forgive Subrata and were willing to rope him as a replacement for Subhashish Roy Chowdhury, who had a poor I-League this season.
Dempo and Subrata had a poor relationship since 2004 when the keeper, playing for Mohun Bagan, was involved in an on-field collision with Dempo striker Christiano Junior and that led to the Brazilian’s on-field death at the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore.
Since then Subrata has improved and has not only become one of India’s top goalkeepers but is also counted among the best in Asia.
Subrata feels that the professional set-up at Pune FC has helped him to mature as a player since signing for them in 2009.
“Pune FC’s professional approach to the game at every level was clear and was also something that convinced and primary led to me joining them two seasons back. Add to that, their vision was different and very positive looking into the future. So far it has been a great two years with the management, and the set-up and not forgetting a wonderful coach in Derrick Pereira,” he said.
- I-League: Pune FC look to open gap on rivals for second spot - Apr 14, 2012
- I-League football clubs form their association - Mar 10, 2012
- High on Bagan win, Pune FC hopes to beat East Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- I-League: Pune FC take on Salgaocar - Apr 17, 2012
- I-League leaders Dempo host dangerous Pune FC - Feb 04, 2012
- I-League clubs refuse to release players for Caribbean, UK trip - Aug 09, 2011
- Arnab, Clifford ruled out from AFC Challenge Cup - Mar 02, 2012
- I-League: Barreto scores in his swansong as Bagan blank Pune FC - May 06, 2012
- Salgoacar's Bencherifa is I-League's best coach - Oct 18, 2011
- Dempo eager for win against Pune FC to defend I-League title - May 26, 2011
- Mohun Bagan face Pune in Barreto's farewell match - May 05, 2012
- I-League: Defending champions Salgaocar go down 0-1 to Dempo - Oct 22, 2011
- I-League clubs agree to release players for Caribbean tour - Aug 08, 2011
- Pune FC face test of belief against Lajong - Jan 27, 2012
- Kashmir has talent but no infrastructure: Footballer Ishfaq Ahmed - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: asia, bagan, bangalore, coach, derrick, game, goalkeeper, india international, poor relationship, professional approach, rope, roy chowdhury, rumours, striker, subrata paul, top goalkeepers, two seasons