Styris, Jamie How recalled for ODI series against IndiaNovember 17th, 2010 - 1:27 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Nov 17(ANI): New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris and batsman Jamie How have been recalled to be part of the 15-man New Zealand team for the first five-match ODI series against India.
Styris will make a comeback after missing the recent ODI series against Bangladesh due to a partial stress fracture of the back, while How will be back after nearly two years being out of the team.
“We welcome back Scott Styris from injury while Hamish Bennett and Shanan Stewart were unavailable for selection due to injury,” Stuff.co.nz quoted selector and coach Mark Greatbatch, as saying.
“The squad sees the return of Jamie How who deserves his opportunity after impressing the selectors for some time. We feel one-day cricket is the format for him to return to international cricket,” he added.
Apart from the duo, batsman Martin Guptill and wicketkeeper Gareth Hopkins, who have been impressive in the ongoing Test series, have also been included in the squad.
“We have kept faith with the bulk of the squad who played in the disappointing tour of Bangladesh and who have performed well in the current test series against India,” Greatbatch said.
“Martin has shown good form with the bat and Gareth will provide wicket keeping cover for Brendon McCullum,” he added.
Greatbatch further insists that the 15-man squad is looking forward to “playing positive cricket” in what promises to be an exciting series.
The first match of the series will be played in Guwahati on November 28, followed by matches in Jaipur, Vadodara, Bangalore and Chennai.
New Zealand Squad:
Daniel Vettori (captain), Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Gareth Hopkins, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Daryl Tuffey and Kane Williamson. (ANI)
- New Zealand announce squad for ODI series - Nov 18, 2010
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- Vettori, McCullum, Ryder back in Kiwi squad for Bangladesh tour - Sep 13, 2010
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Black Caps boost batting line-up for Napier ODI - Jan 31, 2011
- India opt to bowl against New Zealand in third ODI - Dec 04, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Bond recalled for Twenty20s, ODI series against Australia - Feb 20, 2010
- Kiwis hope to make the Wright impact - Feb 14, 2011
- India looking to extend winning run in Bangalore ODI - Dec 06, 2010
- Martin gets 'surprise' New Zealand Cricket contract renewal - Jul 20, 2010
- India opt to field against New Zealand - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: andy mckay, batsman, brendon mccullum, captain grant, coach mark, daniel vettori, daryl tuffey, greatbatch, guptill, india hyderabad, international cricket, kyle mills, man squad, odi series, ross taylor, scott styris, shanan, stress fracture, vadodara, wicketkeeper