Stuart Clark believes Oz bowling attack “a tad vulnerable”November 14th, 2007 - 8:29 am ICT by admin
Aware that no side can readily replace a combination that claimed 1271 Test wickets, Clark adopts a pragmatic stance when assessing the prospects of Australia’s fledgling bowling combination this summer.
“The public will be very critical and make pretty quick judgments,” news.com.au quoted Clark, as saying.
“There’ll be a lot of eyes on us in this series. We can’t worry about that. It might take a little bit of time, but we’re confident we’ll be fine,” he added.
“The butterflies have started with the series ahead. Part of that has to do with the fact that we’ll be doing it without Warne and McGrath. Obviously you can’t replace those guys, but we’re pretty confident that we’ll be able to cope. We have to be ourselves; come up with our own ways of doing things,” he said.
According to team coach Tim Nielsen, Australia’s incoming bowlers should not attempt to fill the shoes of their forebears, but rather make their own impressions on the world stage.
“We’ve got a great opportunity to begin a new era of Australian cricket in a really positive way. I don’t see it as a challenge for the bowlers as much as an opportunity,” he was quoted, as saying.
Clark may resemble McGrath in his metronomic approach to pace bowling; the emerging quick does not possess his predecessor’s penchant for intimidatory public statements. (ANI)
- McGrath warns India against Australian quicks; backs Ponting - Dec 20, 2011
- McGrath rules out replacing Cooley as Australia's bowling coach - Jan 03, 2011
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
- No more favourites, Australia begin their title defence Monday - Feb 20, 2011
- McGrath calls for 'chin music' against Strauss to derail England's Ashes campaign - Nov 17, 2010
- McGrath ready to mentor Australian fast bowlers - Dec 18, 2011
- McGrath backs Ponting to lead Australia to an Ashes victory - Nov 07, 2010
- McGrath rules out Oz bowling coach job - Jan 01, 2011
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- McGrath tips Australia to win Ashes series 5-0 - Nov 03, 2010
- Australian bowlers need to be consistent: McGrath - Jan 04, 2011
- Troy Cooley's Test exit has Oz spearhead Johnson worried - Oct 23, 2010
- Brett Lee ranked alongside Oz greats Lillee and McGrath - Mar 02, 2011
- When Sachin sledged to rattle McGrath, the ploy worked! - Feb 05, 2011
- 'Hat trick hero' Siddle to keep lucky charm 'Movember' act for entire Ashes series - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: australia, australian cricket, bowlers, combination, embark, fledgling, judgments, mcgrath, new era, pace bowling, penchant, pragmatic stance, public statements, take a little bit, team coach, test wickets, those guys, warne, world champions, world stage