Strawberry sausages with cream to serve up an ace on Wimbledon menu!June 19th, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Wimbledon’s much-loved snack is set to get a delicious twist with the introduction of a limited-edition sausages that allow tennis fans to combine two summer food favourites: strawberries and cream and barbecued meat.
The Berry Banger combines strawberries and cream and barbecues, reports Sky News.
The exotic mix will only be available during Wimbledon fortnight.
Brainchild of Waitrose, the supermarket chain hopes to serve an ace with its exotic concoction of strawberry sausages, combining the fruit with creme fraiche, mint and sausage meat.
Anna Lloyd, Waitrose Sausage Buyer, said: “Brits love the tennis and strawberries and cream have become accepted as an integral part of the festivities.”
The limited edition edibles cost about 45p each.
“Waitrose wanted to embrace the flavour of the season and the Berry Banger was the perfect answer. We hope they’ll be a big hit this summer,” she said. (ANI)
- Sausage, lamb chops, ice-cream on Obama-Cameron menu - May 26, 2011
- White strawberry that tastes like pineapple set to hit UK stores! - Mar 31, 2010
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Some fruity, flavoured summer drinks (To go with summer drinks story) - May 23, 2011
- Strawberry business turns snooty at Wimbledon - Jun 20, 2010
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- The natural 'super-smoothie' that cuts cardiac risk - May 05, 2011
- Monica Bellucci, new face of Dolce & Gabbana make-up - Feb 18, 2012
- Lupin seeds can be used to produce low-fat, exquisite sausage products - Jan 04, 2011
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- Party Tips Aplenty For The Fourth Of July - Jul 04, 2010
- Brits love a waistline-busting diet of meat and beer over summer - Aug 23, 2010
- Burke to create charity clothing line - Nov 12, 2011
- Royal wedding, London Olympics to boost British economy - May 02, 2011
- Katie Holmes fine after split - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: banger, barbecued meat, barbecues, brainchild, concoction, delicious twist, festivities, flavour, food favourites, fortnight, perfect answer, sausage meat, sausages, sky news, strawberries and cream, summer food, supermarket chain, tennis fans, waitrose, wimbledon