Strauss, Pietersen on top of Bollinger’s Ashes wicket-taking hit listNovember 17th, 2010 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Nov 17 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Doug Bollinger has put England captain Andrew Strauss and middle order batsman Kevin Pietersen on the top of his Ashes wicket-taking hit list.
The left-arm pacer was named in the initial 17-man squad for next week’s first Test in Brisbane after making a comeback in Sydney grade last weekend.
Bollinger is expected to compete with Peter Siddle for the third pacer spot in the Australian line-up behind Mitchell Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus.
Bollinger said that prolific opener Strauss was a “very big key” for their line-up, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
“The past 18 months he has scored heaps of runs and he’s in pretty good form at the moment. We all know what Kevin Pietersen can do. If I can get those two in my pocket, I’d be very, very happy,” Bollinger said.
Legendary Australian bowler Glenn McGrath was famous for declaring his targets ahead of a series.
Like McGrath, Bollinger thrives on a heavy workload and was adamant he would have enough overs under his belt to be fully prepared for England.
“I kind of pick myself the same as Glenn McGrath, he liked to bowl a lot of overs to keep his body ticking over and that’s what I need to do,” he said. (ANI)
- Aussie debutant George dubbed as 'Glenn McGrath with an outswinger' - Oct 09, 2010
- McGrath calls for 'chin music' against Strauss to derail England's Ashes campaign - Nov 17, 2010
- McGrath backs Ponting to lead Australia to an Ashes victory - Nov 07, 2010
- Australia will bounce back and win Ashes, says McGrath - Nov 07, 2010
- Australian bowlers need to be consistent: McGrath - Jan 04, 2011
- McGrath warns India against Australian quicks; backs Ponting - Dec 20, 2011
- Verbal confrontations with Aussies 'normal Ashes banter': Pietersen - Dec 22, 2010
- Bollinger picks Strauss as his 'bunny' for ODI series - Jun 19, 2010
- Siddle's six-wicket haul decimates England on day one of Ashes opener - Nov 25, 2010
- IPL riches may provide some solace for Oz Ashes series failures - Jan 07, 2011
- Aussies will need to make tough choices to take on India and the Poms - Sep 12, 2010
- 72 Australian players on list for Indian Premier League auction - Jan 02, 2011
- Ashes: Siddle helps Australia bundle out England for 260 in Brisbane Test - Nov 25, 2010
- After turning Sydney Test pink, McGrath turns to Lord's - Jan 03, 2011
- New South Wales speedster Copeland touted as the next McGrath - Apr 17, 2010
Tags: andrew strauss, bollinger, brisbane, england captain, first test, glenn mcgrath, heaps, hit list, kevin pietersen, left arm, man squad, mitchell johnson, morning herald, pacer, siddle, sydney morning herald, sydney nov, targets, wicket, workload