Strauss has no plans to quit one-day cricket following Lanka WC pummelingMarch 27th, 2011 - 12:24 pm ICT by ANI
Colombo, Mar 27(ANI): England captain Andrew Strauss has said he is not considering handing over the one-day leadership or retiring from the format after yet another World Cup failure.
England has been knocked out of the World Cup following their thumping 10-wicket defeat to Sri Lanka in Saturday’s quarterfinal at Colombo R.Premadasa Stadium.
“It (retirement) is not something I’ve thought of beforehand and I still think I’ve got a lot of cricket in me. But we’re going to sit down with the selectors and plot our way forward and think what the best options are leadership and personnel-wise,” the Daily Express quoted Strauss, as saying.
“It’s a huge amount to ask players to go and tour Australia for two months in the highest intensity Test cricket you can get for an English team and then go straight to a World Cup without any time at home,” he added.
Earlier, it was reported that Strauss and Kevin Pietersen were planning to stop playing one-day cricket at the conclusion of the six-week tournament on the Indian sub-continent. (ANI)
- Vaughan expects Strauss to quit one-day cricket following England's World Cup exit - Mar 28, 2011
- Vaughan wants Stuart Broad as England one-day captain - Mar 29, 2011
- Strauss to discuss England one-day captaincy with Flower in May - Mar 28, 2011
- 'I'm not ready to walk away from playing for Australia,' says Ponting - Mar 05, 2011
- Bell confident of England beating Sri Lanka in WC quarterfinal - Mar 21, 2011
- Strauss intends to be captain for England's 2011 World Cup team - Jun 07, 2010
- Tredwell was concerned of not getting a chance in England's WC campaign - Mar 20, 2011
- Cook to lead England in ODIs, Broad Twenty20 (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Struass questions ICC's resolve to tackle match-fixing - May 25, 2011
- Dark horse England can give WC title contenders a run for their money: Swann - Feb 22, 2011
- Kevin Pietersen retires from ODIs and T20s - May 31, 2012
- Strauss 'not planning to quit' ODIs - Mar 14, 2011
- Sri Lanka all excited ahead of the big game - Mar 25, 2011
- Strauss should stay as England's ODI captain: Broad - Apr 13, 2011
- Confident England looking to upset world champions India - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: andrew strauss, australia, conclusion, daily express, england captain, failure, indian sub continent, intensity, kevin pietersen, leadership, premadasa stadium, pummeling, quarterfinal, retirement, selectors, sri lanka, test cricket, time at home, wicket, world cup