Steve Blake Agrees To Four-Years Contract With Los Angeles LakersJuly 3rd, 2010 - 7:01 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Los Angeles, July 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Next week NBA free agent Steve Blake will officially become the player of the Los Angeles Lakers. The revelation has been made by none other than the player himself on Friday during a radio interview. The player mentioned that he has agreed to sign a four year contract with the team which has reportedly offered $16 million over the period. The management of the Los Angeles Lakers has not yet made any public statement on this regard as they are yet to sign the player. Until the next week none of the NBA teams can sign their free agents.
The inclusion of the 6-foot-3 and 173 pounds Steve Blake in the Los Angeles Lakers team will undoubtedly strengthen the team’s point guard area as chances are there that the team’s point guard Derek Fisher will move to another team if offered a multi-year contract and a bigger deal reportedly. Derek Fisher reportedly wants a two-year contract with the team. Apart from Derek Fisher, the Los Angeles Lakers might also suffer the loss of Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown both of whom have become free agents this season.
Steve Blake on the other hand is considered a veteran player who has played during his career with teams like Washington Wizards, Milwaukee Bucks, Denver Nuggets and Portland Trail Blazers. Last year Steve Blake remained the point guard for the Los Angeles Clippers team. The player has an average of 7.5 points and 4.3 assists. 39.3 percent of his shots are from the mark of the three-pointers which will no doubt benefit the Los Angeles Lakers.
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Matt Barnes Signs Two Year Deal With Los Angeles Lakers - Jul 23, 2010
- Houston Rockets Loses To LA Lakers In NBA Opening Day - Oct 27, 2010
- Los Angeles Lakers Steal The Show - Oct 27, 2010
- Carmelo Anthony may sign extension with the Nuggets - Feb 10, 2011
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Shannon Brown Stars In Los Angeles Lakers Win - Oct 27, 2010
- Denver Nuggets To Trade Carmelo Anthony To The Los Angeles Lakers? - Feb 09, 2011
- Raptors hit by seven-game losing streak in NBA - Jan 21, 2012
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- New Jersey Nets Signs Travis Outlaw - Jul 09, 2010
- Justin Bieber Gets A Los Angeles Lakers Ring - Oct 27, 2010
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Chauncey Billups Leads Denver Nuggets To Victory - Feb 06, 2010
Tags: denver nuggets, derek fisher, free agents, jordan farmar, kar, lakers team, los angeles clippers, los angeles lakers, meena, milwaukee bucks, nba free agent, nba teams, point guard derek, pointers, portland trail blazers, radio interview, shannon brown, steve blake, veteran player, washington wizards