Stephanie Rice poses for raunchy spread in men”’’s magAugust 14th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 14 (ANI): Aussie Olympic gold medallist swimmer Stephanie Rices has posed for raunchy photos in a men”’’s magazine.
Rice, who is the world record holder for the 200m and 400m individual medley, is the latest FHM magazine cover girl.
But media buyer Harold Mitchell said Rice”’’s marketability had dwindled after her split from WA sprint star Eamon Sullivan.
According to Mitchell the photos would not add to her image and should be a one-off, and experts have also added that Rice”’’s raunchy shoot on the eve of the Beijing Games was also a risk.
The pictures would not only increase pressure on her to perform in the pool, it would make her a target, according to former triathlon champion Nici Andronicus.
It”’’s not a distraction (to Rice), but it”’’s a distraction to the other competitors because it puts a giant cross on your shoulders, and they will do everything they can to bring you down,”””” Perth quoted Andronicus, who was a regular swimsuit cover girl during her career, as saying.
Brand managers and strategists said the sexy images would do nothing for 20-year-old Rice”’’s wholesome image. (ANI)
- Glamour swimmer Stephanie Rice bares all for mens mag - Aug 03, 2008
- Stephanie Rice's ex Eamon Sullivan 'finds solace' in pet dog after split - Mar 19, 2011
- Sonakshi itching for an image makeover? - Nov 24, 2011
- Teenage swimming sensation Seebohm to spearhead Oz challenge at CWG - Aug 27, 2010
- Rachael Ray's Racy Photos Are In Great Demand - Jan 02, 2010
- No stripping for men's magazine, says Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Stephanie Rice wants 'true love' - Dec 18, 2009
- Australia confirm swimming squad for Commonwealth Games - Aug 27, 2010
- Rice, Sullivan in Australia swimming contingent for CWG - Mar 23, 2010
- Swimsuit model held for heading global drug ring - Mar 18, 2012
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- Beckham denies affair with prostitute, sues US magazine - Dec 31, 2010
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models revealed - Feb 14, 2011
- Deepika dons racy swimsuit for Vogue cover (With Image) - May 29, 2012
- Farrah Fawcett's iconic red swimsuit to become a museum piece - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: andronicus, brand managers, cover girl, distraction, eamon sullivan, fhm magazine, gold medallist, harold mitchell, marketability, media buyer, olympic gold, raunchy photos, rices, sexy images, sprint star, stephanie rice, strategists, target, wholesome image, world record holder