Stephanie Rice feels pressure to stay slimJanuary 24th, 2009 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 24 (ANI): Golden girl Stephanie Rice has revealed that she is under a constant pressure to trim down after putting on few kilos during her post-Olympic break from the pool.
The 20-year-old swimmer, who won three gold medals at the Beijing Olympics last year, has been a subject of media criticism for showing off a less-toned physique.
In an interview to The Australian Women’’s Weekly, Rice admits that she can never be as thin as model Miranda Kerr but still feels pressure to stay slim.
“It’’s amazing how hugely the weight thing can play on your mind,” the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“I”ve definitely been through that, especially before I lost weight at around 16. I”ve never had an eating disorder, but I think every girl goes through a down time where they see women in magazines.
“I now know I will never be like Miranda Kerr - my body just won”t do that. It’’s more about being healthy,” she added. (ANI)
- Stephanie Rice dropped by Channel 7 - Sep 10, 2010
- Olympic champion Rice happy to focus on preparation - Jul 24, 2012
- Stephanie Rice airbrushed into Barbie doll avatar for mag pic? - Nov 20, 2008
- Are Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr expecting a baby? - Jul 28, 2010
- Pregnant Miranda Kerr won't have stretch marks, says her granny - Aug 21, 2010
- Expect charming athletes at London Olympics: Chinese daily - Jul 27, 2012
- Kerr becomes earth hour ambassador - Mar 14, 2012
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr 'expecting their first child' - Jul 29, 2010
- Olympic medal perfect way to end my career: Mary Kom - May 08, 2012
- Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr Pregnant, "Four Months Along" - Aug 20, 2010
- Orlando will be a great dad, says Miranda Kerr - Jul 12, 2010
- Miranda Kerr was nervous returning to ramp - May 21, 2011
- Oz swimming star Rice may go for shoulder surgery - Aug 10, 2010
- Being half-Indian is no problem in Bollywood: Angela Jonsson - May 21, 2011
- Renée Zellweger 'stays slim by eating seaweed!' - May 29, 2010
Tags: australian women, beijing olympics, daily telegraph, down time, eating disorder, gold medals, golden girl, jan 24, magazines, media criticism, melbourne, model miranda kerr, olympics, physique, pool, stephanie rice, swimmer