Stephanie Rice can’t find the ‘perfect’ swimsuit!May 17th, 2009 - 4:51 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 17(ANI): It looks like triple Olympic gold medallist Stephanie Rice has become a bit choosy when it comes to her swimming suits.
Rice has offers of more than 1 million dollars to wear certain brands of speedsuits.
However, the swimming sensation feels none of them meet her requirements and could even slow her down.
After six months of testing suits of every type, Rice is no closer to an answer.
Rice is said to have already turned down an offer well over seven figures from one swimsuit manufacturer.
She remains without a personal swimwear sponsor and is unlikely to strike a deal ahead of July’s world championships in Rome.
“I don’t want to rush into anything, especially if it’s such an important contract,” News.com.au quoted Rice as saying.
“I’ve got a few different suits I’m going to try over in the States but otherwise I’m trying not to think about it too much.
“Everyone is making such a big deal out of all the new brands,” she added.
Rice has also confirmed that she would use Speedo’s LZR Racer suit if she was unable to make a decision by the world championships.
“A lot of people have different views about the suits; some people like certain suits and they work better,” Rice said.
“With me being in the medley and having to wear it for all different strokes and all different distances, it’s a much bigger decision.
“I know the LZR works and I love it, so at the end of the day if I don’t find anything that I like then … I’ll be wearing that in Rome,” she added. (ANI)
- Triple Olympic gold medallist Rice well placed in swimsuit wars - May 02, 2009
- Can anybody upstage Phelps in Rome? - Jul 22, 2009
- Rice to test controversial Jaked speed suit - Jun 28, 2009
- Can Olympic champion Phelps continue where he left off? - Jul 22, 2009
- Stephanie Rice steals Schipper's 100 m butterfly title - Mar 19, 2010
- Phelps not invincible as FINA moves to level things - Dec 13, 2009
- Olympic champion Rice happy to focus on preparation - Jul 24, 2012
- Swimmers looking forward to new swimsuit rule - Jul 28, 2009
- Speedo dumps Lara Bingle for ex Miss Universe Rachael Finch - Dec 03, 2010
- Oz Olympic legend backs swimming champ Rice to make golden return - Aug 21, 2010
- Lara Bingle 'still associated with Speedo' - Jan 30, 2011
- Irina Shayk wears just a pair of tiny denim shorts for sexy ad campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- Stephanie Rice named World's Sexiest Sportswoman - May 03, 2009
- Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk sizzles in new swimwear campaign - Apr 11, 2011
- Lara Bingle sweating it out for swim photoshoot - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, contract news, different strokes, distances, gold medallist, lzr, medley, melbourne, olympic gold, rome, sensation, six months, speedsuits, stephanie rice, swimming suits, swimsuit, swimwear, world championships