Stars join in at Mumbai Marathon’s dream runJanuary 15th, 2012 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 15 (IANS) The six-km-long Dream Run event of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon 2012 Sunday saw over 22,000 people participating along with many Bollywood celebrities and television actors.
“This is the first time I am participating in the Mumbai Marathon and I feel great,” said actor Anil Kapoor who also supported senior citizens who participated in the 4.3 km event earlier.
Many others, including Shabana Zami, Perizaad Zorabian, Tanvi Azmi, Ronit Roy, Prateik Babbar and Ranbir Kapoor, also took part in the dream run to support Azmi’s NGO Mijwan Welfare Society.
“I have always admired those who run the marathon every year and it is a great feeling to see people unite. This is the spirit of Mumbai and nobody can break this spirit,” Ranbir Kapoor said.
Also participating in the dream run was actor Rahul Bose, in support of his anti-discrimination NGO The Foundation. Bose, however, lamented that he was not able to run the half marathon.
“I am here for the cause of my Foundation and it is always a great pleasure to run the marathon. But I am sad that I could not run the half marathon this time as I came down with flu,” Bose said.
Other celebrities who participated in the marathon included Gul Panag, Neha Dhupia, Tara Sharma, Gulshan Grover and many television actors including Rohit Roy.
- Mumbai Marathon: A carnival on the streets of Bollywood country (Roundup) - Jan 15, 2012
- Ranbir to auction his portrait to support girl child - Jun 16, 2011
- Bollywood stars to walk for Shabana's Mijwan - Aug 23, 2012
- Ranbir supports girl child empowerment - Jan 07, 2012
- Ranbir to walk ramp for social cause - Jan 19, 2011
- Mary Kom to catwalk for Shabana Azmi - Aug 31, 2012
- Parents should give daughters an edge over sons: Ranbir - Mar 08, 2011
- Shabana is Action Aid India chairperson - Oct 04, 2011
- Celebs cheer wheelchair, senior citizens' marathon - Jan 15, 2012
- Prabhu Deva to walk the ramp for Shabana's Mijwan - Sep 03, 2012
- Punjabi boy Vipul Mehta wins 'Indian Idol 6' - Sep 02, 2012
- Bollywood Hot-shots To Walk For Mijwan Girl-Child – A Project Taken By Shabana Azmi - Jan 13, 2011
- I'm humbled, says Shabana after Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2012
- Celeb quotient high at Mumbai Marathon's 'Dream Run' - Jan 16, 2011
- Ethiopian Assefa wins Mumbai full marathon - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: anil kapoor, babbar, bollywood celebrities, discrimination, flu, gul panag, gulshan grover, half marathon, neha dhupia, ngo, perizaad zorabian, rahul bose, ranbir kapoor, rohit roy, ronit roy, senior citizens, tanvi azmi, tara sharma, television actors, welfare society