SRK remembers Pataudi as friend’s friendSeptember 23rd, 2011 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 22 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says he had “huge attachment” to Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi who died Thursday, and remembers the Indian cricket legend as a “friend’s friend”.
“The news of Pataudi sir is very saddening. He was an iconic figure. I have met him and known him very closely. Since the time I was young, I have had huge attachment to him. He was a gentleman and a friend’s friend,” Shah Rukh told reporters here.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).
Pataudi died after battling a lung infection for about a month. The former Indian captain, 70, is survived by his wife, actress Sharmila Tagore, and three children, daughters Soha and Saba and son Saif.
“I will definitely go and meet the family,” the 45-year-old star said. “I am close to Saif and Soha.”
- Tiger gave Indian cricket 'rockstar' image: Big B - Sep 23, 2011
- Sharmila-Pataudi made perfect couple, say designers - Sep 23, 2011
- My father would've been touched, says Saif - Sep 23, 2011
- Saif annointed 10th Nawab of Pataudi - Oct 31, 2011
- Being a nawab is huge responsibility: Saif - Nov 02, 2011
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
- Pakistan cricket mourns Pataudi's death - Sep 23, 2011
- Mike Brearley, Ted Dexter, Ian Chappell for Pataudi Memorial Lecture - Dec 28, 2011
- Amid chaos of mourners, Pataudi laid to rest - Sep 23, 2011
- Pataudi's funeral at family burial ground - Sep 23, 2011
- Master of style Tiger Pataudi is dead - Sep 22, 2011
- Gulzar misses his Mansur, the true patriot - Sep 24, 2011
- Tiger played with straight bat on and off the field (Obituary) - Sep 22, 2011
- Kolkata rekindles Sharmila's memories of Pataudi - Nov 10, 2011
- Pataudi the man that was - Fact file - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: actress, ali khan, gentleman, indian captain, indian cricket, indian music, lung infection, mansur ali khan pataudi, music awards, old star, saba, shah rukh khan, sharmila tagore, sidelines, soha, superstar